Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 bengal ?

Dave308

Default 08 bengal ?

Hello everyone. I just bought an 08 Bengal and was wanting to know if anyone makes a rear insert for the back side. I was wanting to get a rear sts for it but all thats there is a hole with a set screw.

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08 Bengal

An insert is not required.I purchased an STS from Martin which fits the 3/8" hole that is drilled on back of the riser.Insert the STS rod in the hole and tighten the set screw.I adjusted the rod so that the rubber stopper is barely touching the string.The STS made such a difference in bow noise that I was able to remove the string leeches.All I can hear is the arrow hitting the target.I also found out that the rubber stopper had a tendency to pop off the rod'I applied some adhesive cement to the rod and have not had the problem since

Dave308

Do you have a link where I can order one? I looked through their site but could find it.

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08 Bengal

I ordered mine through The Archer's Nook in London,Ontario.

Dave308

Oh, I've looked everywhere and cant find anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Try calling customer service at 1-800-541-8902. If you have a credit card you might be able to order it directly from Martin. Or at least they can point you in the right direction.

I used to have a flyer wth all the info, but I guess it's been discarded.

dbd870

They used to have it listed on their site but now it is gone, wondered about that myself?

Dave308

Alright, I got hold of Martin and they told me I would have to buy one from my local dealer. The problems is my local dearler had no idea what I was talking about He said he has never even heard of an sts. Anyway, I guess I'll have to put one of those funky front mounts on.

Thanks for the help guys
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave308 View Post
    Alright, I got hold of Martin and they told me I would have to buy one from my local dealer. The problems is my local dearler had no idea what I was talking about He said he has never even heard of an sts. Anyway, I guess I'll have to put one of those funky front mounts on.

Thanks for the help guys
    Dave
    Maybe you need to find another dealer. If he's a Martin Pro dealer he should know exactly what you want. The FireCat and one or two of the other Pro series comes with an STS (Martin style) as standard equipment.

Who did you talk to at Martin? Try a PM to PUG over on www.archerytalk and tell him your story. He should be able to clear things up some.

Dave308

I don't now who I talked to at Martin but he was very nice and he was the one that pionted me to the dealer. There was only two dealers in my area and the one I talked to was the closest. I'm gonna try calling the dealer back and maybe asking to talk to the owner. I could have talked to maybe a new worker or someone helping out.

I'm a member over at AT so I'll get hold of PUG and see if he can help. I'm sure either him or someone else can, there are a lot of great people thier. Thanks bfisher for all your help.