Thread: spot-hogg sights?

buckshot20

Default spot-hogg sights?

I'm in the market for a new sight and I was interested to see if anyone was familiar with the spot-hogg hogg-it hunter. Is it quiet, durable, easy to use. Any input would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there, yes the spott-hog hog-it hunter would be a good sight choice, but another suggestion that i have is HHA, I have an HHA OL-5500, and it is quiet, very durable, and HHA also makes some of the strongest sights there are out there...but if you are looking for a multi pin sight like the one that you mentioned, that would be a great choice

Fin

I am in the market for a new sight as well...looking for .19 pin size, 5 pin sight...any helpful inputs...not sure what the big deal is about the spot-hogg sights over the others?

Post Thanks / Like

I have two Spot Hogg sights right now; a Hogg-It and a Real Deal with the 2 3/8" guard. Make no doubt about it. They are a very well built sight, but I don't use either for hunting. IMO they pin guard is not wide enough to protect the fibers from any brush that might snag them. Consider mine are a couple years old. They might have changed them some.

Mine have the short fibers so aren't as bright as I'd use for hunting either. They make a fine fixed pin 3D sight where care can be taken.

For hunting I use an HHA-OL5000. Now this is a little heavy, but built like a tank. The pin is recessed in a real nice guard that protects it very well. Can't remember but it's either 3' or 5' of fiber that is bright enough I can usually see the pin well after any legal shooting hours.

This is a slider sight and works well. For my northwoods hardwoods hunting I usually just set it for 25 yards and this covers anything inside 30 yards with virtually no holding high or low for a shot. Just aim at the middle of the chest cavity and make my best shot. At 20 yards the arrow will hit about 1 3/4" high, but I am not too concerned about pin point accuracy at this point. An arrow anywhere in the chest cavity still results in a dead deer.

buckshot20

Thanks for the info guys. I already ordered the hogg-it hunter with .010 pins, it should be in any day now. I'm hoping it will transition from the 3D to hunting without any problems. They have pins with long fiber optic wraps. It looks like it is a new product that you can upgrade to. Anyway, thanks for the info, I hope it works out for me

flytier17

I like them. Got 3.