Thread: Can't put the arrow rest on

Unregistered

Unhappy Can't put the arrow rest on

I have a martin lynx magnum bow, I recently bought an alpine whisperflight arrow rest. The rest won't fit on my bow is there any way i could buy a mount or something so i could use my arrow rest???

dbd870

I had a Lynx and I think it was drilled and tapped with a single mounting hole for the rest, is that the way your riser is set up? There was more than one Lynx made over the years. If so that rest is not going to work with your bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Please post a picture.

Never say it will not work as long as you have enough self-assured to go your own way e.g. drill your own mounting hole.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

dbd870

Question

I thought about that. This would give him 3 holes in a row across the riser with the original hole being somewhat larger (assuming I have the correct bow) than the 2 new ones. Would you have any concerns about the riser strength?

Post Thanks / Like

If i get pictures i could say something about that. Further there is no need to make 2 new holes, a single one would be enough as long as you do not use the martin mount.

dbd870

The single hole on mine was larger than the holes used today so that wouldn't work. (it was also in the exact center of the riser if I'm remembering correctly)

Post Thanks / Like

That is no problem