Thread: Moab 3 piece riser concerns

palixdog

Default Moab 3 piece riser concerns

I bought a new Moab a few months ago. I know the riser is made in 3 pieces. Should I be concerned about being able to see the joint/seam for the top section? I don't recall being able to see it when I first started shooting the bow. Could this joint be flexing when I draw causing it to show through the camo coating?

Post Thanks / Like

I personally haven't heard of any problems with the modular risers, but anything is possible, I guess. I can see the seam in my FireCat, but it doesn't bother me. Rest assured you'll get plenty of warning if things loosen up. The bow isn't just going to fly apart or anything like that. Not only is the sections bolted together, but there are stainless steel dowel pins also. Just enjoy shooting it and keep an eye on it for your own peace of mind.

Elk4me

I personally have never herd of a 3 pc riser coming apart, I have owned a Pantera,MOAB 2 times and a Firecat and Cheetha. I would keep an eye on it, But in the almost 3yrs of the 3pc riser I have never herd about one failing. Maybe take a pic and let us see what your talking about.

dbd870

I looked last night, I can see the top seam if I look close. Is it still absolutely tight, if so it's probably fine. Like the guy's said, I've never heard of a problem with them.