Thread: changing cams

Unregistered

Default changing cams

I have a 2005 Cougar III with the SE limb system, my bow is 31" axle to axle. My question is which cams are compatable so that I can achieve greater arrow speed. Right now I have the fuzion cams. Is this even feasable or should I just look into buying a new bow

Post Thanks / Like

The Nitrous cams would do what you want---if you can find them. Martin discontinued the cam and have none. Used is all you'll get and most guys, like me, aren't parting with mine. These are probably the best cams Martin has aver made, and maybe the best cams of all time, IMO.

Maybe your best bet is to try the classifieds on www.archerytalk.com. In fact, post your question over there and you'll get more responses from people with more experience with both cams. I just don't know how much speed you'd gain or whether it would be financially worth it.

Don't get talked into putting the new Cat Cam on it. Your limbs won't take it. Limbs for this cam have reinforcing pins through the limb tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...

If Martin discontinued the Nitrous Cams why do they offer the Rytera bows still with them? They still need to produce them when offering a bow with the Nitrous cam but that is just a thought that came to my mind...

Bfisher is right. The Nitrous Cam would be the way to go.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL