Thread: 05' Slayr vs 08'Slayer

logtamelk

Default 05' Slayr vs 08'Slayer

I am looking at a used 05' Slayr and I was wonder if the cams can be changed out to the newer 08' CAT cams.

Or does anyone own an 05' Slayr that can tell me how they like the bow as it is?

I do like the way that the 05' Slayr riser looks.

dbd870

The CAT cams require different limbs.

flytier17

I by far prefer the 05 Nitrous cam system to the CAT's. Especially with the X system. You get better nock travel and easier timing. It is easy to remove cam lean (limb twist), and it harnesses a lot of energy for such a smooth draw. I would not change it if I were you.

If you do decide to change, you will need the new limbs like dbd870 said. They have reinforced tips to deal with the higher stresses caused by the more agressive draw cycle. They also preload the limbs more so you will lose 2" A2A.

Also, if you do decide to change the cams, and want to get rid of the nitrous ones, shoot me a pm, and I will consider buying them from you, regardless of the base size.

Mtn Hunter

i have an 05 slayr and it has a dyna cam set-up . it is 27" draw and set at 58lbs, using 330 total weight arrow I am getting [through 2 seperate chronos] 288-291 fps. I couldnt beleive it , thats why I used 2 chronos! I love this bow! Have a great season!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up 05 slayer nitris

LEAVE AS is . HAVE AN 05&07 WITH NITRIS B ----CANT BE BEAT --BEST BUY :IN USED BOW OF ANY MAKE .