Thread: Limb question for 08 Cheetah

ShaunK

Default Limb question for 08 Cheetah

I recently purchased a Cheetah and haven't fired it yet due to noticing there was a possible crack running the length of the limb. It is only about 1.5 inches in length. I have seen cracks in limbs before on other bows but they usually run across the limb. Has anyone ran into this before? I was wondering if it was a laminate crack instead of a limb crack. If that is the case everything should be fine right?

Post Thanks / Like

Posting a picture is everytime a good thing as long it is sharp so we can see something. Do you feel a scratch or something like that when palpating the surface?
    Last edited by Montalaar; 08-22-2008 at 01:37 AM.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

shaunk

Default Replying to 08 cheetah

I do feel a scratch when running my finger nail over the area. I will post a pic soon.

shaunk

Default picture of the crack

Here is the picture of the crack. I have shot it several times since I got it and the crack doesn't seem to be moving. I have drawn a circle around it and it has stayed were it was when I first got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

If your next bow/pro shop is near to you then you should go to get a new limb. If there is no bow shop near to you, you should also get a new limb. If it is a crack (and i am pretty unsure because i do not know the camo pattern) you should use your warranty and get new limbs. Martin will care for you.

The crack has not grown further because it is at a position where the limb does not flex as it would be at other positions on the limb (At least i believe it is so).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL