Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firecat Cam Modules

LJBeck

Default Firecat Cam Modules

I reciently purchased an old Firecat. Unfortunately the draw lenght is a bit to much for me. I need to be about 28". I believe that currently the draw is 30".
    I can't seem to find the correct mods and my local bow shop, while being VERY helpful, has run out of options for now as it is of course ramping up to the season opener. I am attaching pictures to see if anyone can tell me what type of cams these are so when I go out looking further I can be sure to get the correct one. I found cams on the giant internet auction site but they say they are for "sonic" cams. My archery shop talked to a tech at Martin and he was pretty sure this is a 1988-89 aer Firecat with Fusion cams. The bow # is 71121.
    I have attached pics of the cams. The bow currently has #4's. I think I need #2's but finding them is the trick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dbd870

That's definitely not a Fusion cam. I believe that is an Energy cam - is that correct Barry?

BOWPRK

Energy cam is correct.The #2 mod would make it a 28 inch draw.If you can post a pic of the mod I might have some around still
    Last edited by BOWPRK; 08-27-2008 at 08:59 AM.

LJBeck

Default Mod Picture

So here is a picture of the mod.
    I sure hope you have one laying around in a box somewhere.
    I am pretty sure I need a #2
    Thanks for all your help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

BOWPRK

Found a set of #2 mods but I think the are for the sonic wheels which came a few years after the Energy cam I will dig around tomorrow night some more an get back with you

LJBeck

Thanks Barry!!

Post Thanks / Like

Barry is bfisher who has not posted a comment here yet. :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

LJBeck

Red face

opps!
    Sorry BowPrk...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Barry is bfisher who has not posted a comment here yet. :P

And I'm only posting this one time because I can't help the poor guy, except to say if BOWPRK can't help then he try posting on AT.

Maybe one of you guys can tell me. Are these Sonic Wheels? I'm not up on the older Martins.

BOWPRK

AHH I have been called worstLJBeck I have turned the shop upside down dont have any mods for the energy cam everthing else but them an two sets of mod that I dont have a clue what they go to sorry I couldnt help you like Bfisher said try over on archerytalk.com there out there somewhere