Thread: Firecat XR

Dragonlrd

Default Firecat XR

Can anyone tell me what wood was use to build the limbs on the Firecat XR Pro-Series. I have an older one and since Martin no longer makes the limbs and would have to modify limbs from andother bow series I have gotten together with a local bow shop and we are going to attempt to build the replacments ourselves. I would like to beable to duplicate the limbs as close as possible but the wedge of wood at the riser end of the limb defies me. Help please.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    These limbs are hand crafted one pair at a time to insure the ultimate in accuracy. Each pair of XR limbs have a full layer of carbon laminated inside the core of the limb. This carbon will make sure that you have unfailing performance in any weather condition. If you are serious about your archery, try a Firecat XR at your local deale
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    XR Plus Carbon Limbs are the finest limbs on the planet. Made from only premium hardwood laminations and the finest layers of Bias Carbon for consistent perfection in all weather conditions. The XR Plus limbs are carefully hand-crafted to the closest of tolerances to give to you the highest possible degree of accuracy.
    Nothing helpful from here. Maybe someone else will have information.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Dragonlrd

I have even sent an email to Martin asking them for help and got no answer from them, I might break down and travel down to Walla-Walla and talk to them in person

dbd870

Question

I would like to beable to duplicate the limbs as close as possible but the wedge of wood at the riser end of the limb defies me. Help please.
    Don't know where you'd find anything.