Thread: Martin Altitude

river rat

Default Martin Altitude

How long did Martin make the Altitude and does anyone know the specs on the bow? How was it to shoot, etc? Why did they quit making it? Was it a model that had much trouble?

hunter

Default Well, here is one I can Answer ..Kind of anyway..

..I think they were made for two years 02 -03 ...I have an 02 ..great bow balance is very good .Hold is great.power is good I have a 26 inch draw and this is the best bow I ever had for my short draw ..the max draw is 29 ..which puts you closer to peak performance/power/speed ...I seen pictures of a guy who won a lot of target matches with it and claimed he could stack arrows with it. he showed a three arrow robin hood .. I did not see this with my own eyes . But, I have a robin hood with it ,first time for me. I am careful not to shoot at the same spot now.I don't have tons of money for arrows..However, the sales was not great for this bow as it is about 30 inch ATA ..and people think automatically it would be hard to shoot because of this .. Also, it is small light wt . of, course this is what I like about it .I once had a guy ask me why do you have a kids bow ? Ha Ha .You see how people who know no better think.. . this is a 70lb bow that kicks ***..I can carry it all day though brush or what ever .. It is a hunting machine ..I shoot squirrels out of trees with this bow ..It's a blast and one bow I won't sell .. IMO ..It can compete with most bows out there today..I think Martin should bring it back only build it more for short draw shooters . say with a max of 27 or 28 .It would be a great seller ..If they marketed it that way ...I HOPE THEY ARE READING THIS >> If you have a draw of 29 -25 you will like this bow ...
    Last edited by hunter; 02-11-2006 at 02:01 PM.

tood s

300fps. ibo 3lb 10oz. 30" ata need more? i just bought one and i only worry about fletching clearance with the cables... this is really bugging me.. i hope its a simple solution..

Jimmy J

The altitude is really neat to shoot with and fast enought for most shooting, canīt really understand why they stopped making it

Wondering a little about the limb warranty though.
    Anyone know what kinda warranty and for how long it is covered on those 2003 Martin Altitudes ?
    Last edited by Jimmy J; 05-28-2006 at 05:44 PM.

PLASTIC PAUL

todd s- there are a couple of options for fletching these days and there is also nock tuning to help with the vane clearence issue. What is ther intended purpose of the bow, hunting, fun shooting, or target competition?

Let me know and hopefully i can get you started in the right direction.

tood s

hunting and some 3 d... blazers are not gonna work with this bow

WA Elk hunter

Talking Altitude specs

I bought a left over Altitude before Elk season this year. The fuzion cam on it was cracked due to a machining problem, so I called the Martin factory and they sent me out a Dyna Cam set up and new strings. My draw is 29 1/2 inches presently and guess what with a 408 grain arrow and 79 lbs it will shoot 314 fps! with peep and nock. My hunting arrow is a 505 gr Carbon express that shoots 286 fps, this bow put a butt whoopin on the 5x6 bull I shot this year. My buddies laughed at how little the bow was but not when they saw it shoot. It is a shame that they don't make them anymore, they are awesome. John