Thread: Martin and Hoyt ?

MarkFrantz

Default Martin and Hoyt ?

Which Martin Bow would you say would give a Hoyt Katera a Run for its money FPS wise ? and just a basic guess how much would it would cost ?
    Last edited by MarkFrantz; 09-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

FireCat or Slayer. FireCat IBO's at 335-345 and retail is $599. Goes over the counter most places at $549.

Slayer IBO's at 350 fps or so and retails at $749. OTC is usuallu right at $700.

I've got a FireCat and it's a real good shooter, but next year I think I'm going to get another Slayer. Not for the speed, though. I just prefer a little longer A2A bow, even though I'm only 5'8" and 27" draw. They're just a little more stable to shoot and 3" difference would never make much difference in a hunting situation anyway. Also, with my shorter draw length I can get away with the smaller brace height.

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    FireCat or Slayer. FireCat IBO's at 335-345 and retail is $599. Goes over the counter most places at $549.

Slayer IBO's at 350 fps or so and retails at $749. OTC is usuallu right at $700.

I've got a FireCat and it's a real good shooter, but next year I think I'm going to get another Slayer. Not for the speed, though. I just prefer a little longer A2A bow, even though I'm only 5'8" and 27" draw. They're just a little more stable to shoot and 3" difference would never make much difference in a hunting situation anyway. Also, with my shorter draw length I can get away with the smaller brace height.
    Ditto. I've seen firecats as low as $499 CDN, just so you know.

I also prefer a stable bow, also why mine are very heavy @ 8+ lbs. My pantera @ 35" is about as low as I want to shoot, although I am consdering a 3rd bow with a short A2A for ground blinds. I took a practise shot at a turkey decoy last year and the 38" A2A on my bow was too much. It kicked the blind over when the top cam hit the wall of the blind. My arrow missed too. But generally speaking, I like the longer bows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Ditto. I've seen firecats as low as $499 CDN, just so you know.

I also prefer a stable bow, also why mine are very heavy @ 8+ lbs. My pantera @ 35" is about as low as I want to shoot, although I am consdering a 3rd bow with a short A2A for ground blinds. I took a practise shot at a turkey decoy last year and the 38" A2A on my bow was too much. It kicked the blind over when the top cam hit the wall of the blind. My arrow missed too. But generally speaking, I like the longer bows.
    Let's see if we can do this again. I got a 2005 ShadowCat SE. 32" A2A,
    9 3/8" brace height, 45-60, B Nitrous X cams w/ Winner's Choice strings. I'll bet the draw length won't go long enough for you.

flytier17

29.5"? Even 29" and I will extend my release head and/or loop. I can even live with 28.5".

flytier17

Actually, come tothink of it, last year, They shipped me the wrong Slayer. It had2H limbs and B cams. Max DL was 28". I used that from september - November when the other one came with c cams. I used a long release and loop; worked just fine.

sms

Cougar Elite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Cougar Elite has been a great bow for me until both limbs started peeling/splitting. The bow has never been dropped or abused and has only had one string replacement. It has been treated with the utmost care.

I was very dissapointed upon contacting Martin customer service at which time I was told that I would incur close to a $300.00 expense for new limbs.

I just checked out Hoyt's warranty protocol and here's what they have to say about their products:

HOYT COMPOUND BOW LIFETIME WARRANTY
    All Hoyt compound bows are guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship to the original owner on all risers, limbs, limb pockets, and eccentrics for the life of the product*.

I wonder what type of treatment Ted Nugent would receive from Martin.

Looks like my next purchase will be from Hoyt

flytier17

Were you the original owner? Was the bow over 10 yrs. old? Did you have the reciept?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are the original owner you would know that Martin provides Lifetime Warranty.

"Lifetime Warranty
    All Martin Compound Bows are warranted against defects in materials or workmanship TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER, on all risers, limbs, limb pockets, axles, bearings and cams (everything except the string and cables) for 10 years (starting at the date of purchase) and then 50% list price for the life of the product."
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Dave308

08' Matin Bengal $400.00

30"/68# 387g arrow = 300fps

I think that would give any Hoyt a run for its money.