Thread: string question-08 Bengal

Post Thanks / Like

Default string question-08 Bengal

I purchased a spare string and cable for my 08 bengal through my dealer from Martin.The 08 Bengal calls for a 88.5" string and 33.5 " cable.What I recd. is an 88" string which is for an 07 Bengal.Is there any way that I can make this work or should I have it replaced for the correct size?The cable I recd is correct.Thanks for any replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know where you got your info or if it's correct, however, according to the bow/cam charts on this website the '07 Bengal calls for a 88.5" string also, so both bows should use the same length string.

My educated guess is that the string will most likely stretch out some when installed on the bow.

I imagine you're going to hunt with this bow. In that case wait till after the season ends and change them out. Keep the old one for a spare as it is already shot in. Then set the bow up again with the new set.

If you are adept at doing this and have the time then change it now.

Now, before you start do some measuring and write the measurements down. You need to get the draw weight the bow. Measure the actual draw length as it is now. Now turn the limb bolts all the way in. Measure the Axle to axle length and brace height.

Take a pencil or knife point and draw a line on the side of the cam where it passes through the limb fork (left side). This will give you a reference for cam rotation and draw length when you change the strings.

Measure the height of your nocking point (or loop) above square. Then measure the distance above nocking point to any other accessories such as kisser button and peep. Measure the length of the loop and try to make a new one as close to the same length as possible.

Take a couple pictures of how the string/cable is routed through the cable slide and how they wrap and attach to the cam. I never had this option years ago and it sure can help.

You can now turn the limb bolts out far enough to disassemble the bow. Watch the bolt threads through the side of the barrel nut they thread into. It's better if you have a bow press, but can be done without one.

Now just swap them out and set the bow up to all the measurements. Things might not be perfect at this point, but should be pretty close.

Any other questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default String question-08 Bengal

Thanks bfisher.Your reply is much appreciated.My string and cable are still in good condition but I've put your instructions on file for when I do make the change.Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

You betcha.

Good shooting.