Thread: string set

Cheeta2950

Default string set

ok guys, who should I go looking for new string from and do I need to replace all, including cables? I would like to stop using peep tube. AND how bout peeps, any preference, I need lg hole, cause I'm blind

ArcherAlii

Ive been happy with 452x strings by Deezlin or Xtreme Strings. Check them out over at ArcheryTalk. Quality workmanship, no peep rotation. I would replace both the string and cable at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm blind, too, so use a 1/4" or 5/16" peep. Fletcher or G5 are two of the most common used.

Strings? ArcherAlii gave you a couple names. Bucknasty is another and very good at reasonable prices. All over on www.archerytalk.com.

Actually, I think there is a classified section just for strings there. Mosdt likely any of them are pretty good.

I've only ever used Winner's Choice, Prostrings, and Bucknasty and the latter was the cheapest and the best.

Fortunately my FireCat has Stone Mountain strings on it from the factory and they are showing to be pretty good, too. Thankyou Martin!!!!!!!!

Stormbringer

LeEarl makes a great string...known as "Inferno Bowstrings", BuckNasty makes great string sets as well, I currently have the Inferno strings on my S4, but, have had Bucknastys on a previously owned bow too...

I prefer the Specialty Archery "Super Peep" housing, where you can change out the aperatures as needed...
    ________
    NSR125
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 01-26-2011 at 08:39 AM.

flytier17

I've had prostrings, love em. I've also had a decent set of Bowman custom strings, but I have seen 2 other sets that were terrible. Hit-and-miss I guess...

Winners choice is too much money IMO. I olike my Prostrings, am thinking of trying Bucknasty on bfishers incessant recomendations

Aim4gold

Bucknasty - great price, great quality