Thread: Martins new STS??

Unregistered

Default Martins new STS??

I understand that Martin now offers a string surpressor?? Can someone post a photo of one? Does it fit a 08 Bengal?? How is the percent of let-off adjusted on the new Bengal?? Have any of you used the String Tamer Junior on the new Bengal?? DEERJOHN

Dave308

The sts does fit the 08 Bengal and it makes a world of difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin's new STS

There is a picture of the Martin STS on their website.Click on Online Store.It's under Bow Parts.I have one on my 08 Bengal and it made the bow super quiet.No need for string silencers.My Bengal came with 80% let-off draw length modules For example the 30" 80% let-off module is stamped F-7. The 65% let-off draw length models are stamped F\ For example the 30" 65% let-off module will be stamped F-7\.You can order the 65% modules from Martin.

MOUNTIE1

Does the Martin STS have to be modified to fit either of the bows? I put an STS archery one on my MOAB and had to cut it to fit. BTW, when I put it on, I had the stopper flush with the string. After quite a few shots, it is about 1/16th from the string and showing a little wear. The STS stopper is very soft. Does all this sound normal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin's new STS

I didn't have to modify the STS on my 08 Bengal.The hole in the riser allowed for some movement in or out before tightening the set screw.The rubber stopper is made of a very soft material and I had problems with it coming off the rod.I applied some fletching cement to the rod and haven't had it come off since.A probable cause for the stopper coming off was that I didn't have it directly behind the string and the string was passing the rod and pulling the stopper off.At present the string is just touching the stopper.Make sure the set screw is tight as this could be the cause of the 1/16" movement.

MOUNTIE1

I thought I had the rod cut to the exact length so it would be inserted all the way. I actually cut the rod that came with the STS to what I thought was the exact length but when I shot the bow a couple of times the stopper moved about 1/4". Come to find out, the stopper was not pushed all the way on the rod from the factory. I had an old piece of aluminum rod, bent it and made a new rod and just used the stopper from the one I cut too short. I wish I had known before, you can by the stopper replcements for about $9 and the STS system was $45. Live and learn. I don't think anyone has said archery is an inexpensive hobby.