Thread: O8 Bengal Odd Click Noise

08BENGAL

Default O8 Bengal Odd Click Noise

This Noise Is Not On Every Draw But Just At The Back Of The Valley
    Sometimes 1 In 5 Maybe I Will Get A Click Or Tick But It Is Noticeable. 28" 62# Draw On 08 Bengal 55-70# Bow.have Loop, String Jax ,peep & Tube. Anybody Have Any Ideas. I Cant Tell Where Its Coming From. Driving Me Nuts.

MOUNTIE1

I had a similar problem with my old PSE. My noise was coming from something (dust, debris, or something) getting between the limb and the edge of the limb pocket. I would just sprinkle some graphite powder between the limb and pocket, draw a few times and it seemed to work on that bow.

MOUNTIE1

You may also try an air compressor to blow out any trash in the limb pockets.

Post Thanks / Like

Is everything tight? Have you checked the srews at the module? Is you string or cable popping into the module? Get someone else and let him check where the strange noise comes from.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

08BENGAL

Thanks I Will Try That & Get Back

Post Thanks / Like

My thought always jump right to a loose module. Check the screws.

Another simple one, but common is the plastic spacers where the cables attach to the limb tips. These sometimes hang up and make a noise. Just a touch or spray of silicon often takes care of this.

This probably isn't it, but try cleaning the cable guard rod and slide with alcohol, removing any debris. Do not put any lube on it.

And lastly, maybe a dry rocker under the limb (already mentioned). I usually remove the limb and apply a dab of white lithium grease to the rocker or pocket. Don't forget just a slight layer under the limb bolt washer when you put the limb back on.

Whatever it is, and it may not be any of what I mentioned, do one thing at a time and check it. That way if it ever happens again you'll have an idea right where to look.

08BENGAL

Thanks Guys Blew Out The Limb Pockets Shot 36 Arrows No Noise Did Not See Much Come Out But Must Have Been Something