Thread: arrow shafts

Hybrid View

lewman

Default arrow shafts

I have a MARTIN PROWLER (2005) and the draw wt is 67 with 30 inch draw, I have been shooting easton epic 400 carbon arrows but it was set at 63 pounds. when i went up to 67 pnds and took it to get paper tuned it will not stop tearing high. Do i need to switch to epic 340 arrows or what. the bow has the dyna cam also.

dbd870

Using 30" shafts and 100gr points (an assumption) you should be using 300's. If I had your shaft length and point weight you would know for sure but in any case your 400's aren't spined correctly.

lewman

I am 30 inch and 100 gr broadheads/ pract tips. the easton chart recomended 340 shafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    Using 30" shafts and 100gr points (an assumption) you should be using 300's. If I had your shaft length and point weight you would know for sure but in any case your 400's aren't spined correctly.
    I was going to recommend 300 shafts, but I see it's already been done.

Aim4gold

One of the best places to research is the Easton shaft selector - you can find it here
    http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/selection

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with bfisher and dbd and say that i would recommend arrows with 300 spine.

"0.300 - ST Epic, ST Epic Realtree HD" (Easton Selection Chart from the link above with your details)
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

lewman

Thumbs up

thanks guys, I will get some 300 epic today and try papertune again over the weekend.