Thread: Martin Cheetah MAJOR Problems.

JPreston

Unhappy Martin Cheetah MAJOR Problems.

I recently purchesed a brand new Martin Cheetah, and the string has come off of the idler wheel twice; once while practicing and another left me with a large cut on my shin from my broadhead. It has never been dropped, dry-fired or mistreated at all. I am already in need of a new string because of the fatigue that occurs when it comes off. I wax after every shoot/hunt; I baby this bow. Can someone please help me try and figure out what is going on with my bow? I love Martins, but this one is just plain getting dangerous.

MarkFrantz

Check the idler for lean , if it is which it sounds like straighten it out by twisting your Y cable , put it all back together and let us know what it looks like , hold your bow out and eye your limbs and cams up and let us know how your strings look coming off of your pully . When you twist the slider rod out of the way for vane clearance thats what plays a big factor in that .

flytier17

Do you fingershoot or use a release? How about gripping and torqueing the bow at full draw?

You might want to have it looked at for damage by a reputable proshop, preferaly the one that sold it to you.