Thread: new bow martin trophy hunter what is it baced off of

Hybrid View

buck hunter

Default new bow martin trophy hunter what is it baced off of

i got a martin trophy hunter bow at dicks sporting goods and i dont know what bow its baced off of or anything all i know it shoots 310 fps i think its a martin saber but im not shure about it but it shoots good so some info shure would help

MarkFrantz

Quote Originally Posted by buck hunter View Post
    i got a martin trophy hunter bow at dicks sporting goods and i dont know what bow its baced off of or anything all i know it shoots 310 fps i think its a martin saber but im not shure about it but it shoots good so some info shure would help
    They dont show anything on their charts that compair , And i gurantee The advertised fps even with a 350 gr. arrow will not be 310 fps. I'll got to Dicks and get one and shoot it threw my crono and return it , I bet you 270 fps . they like to exagerate a bit , even though i like my Cheetahs i had to do machine work to my limb pockets and some other stuff to achieve 318 fps , out of it Stock it shot 270 with a 338gr arrow .

flytier17

Martin don't exxagerate. They just know al the tricks for speed. My Slayer is advertised at 335, and I have gotton 326 out of it with 66lbs. and 29", 330gr. arrow. I also know someone who took a Firecat to IBO specs and got 342fps. Outta 335-345, not bad I think.

MarkFrantz

What i'm saying is for instance Martin and others have or Had the Cheetah at 315 to 320 fps , on the charts the only way to get that exact # is with a 30'' draw @ 70 lb , and there for 29'' is the longest draw available and modual they have for it . Its not even close to the advertised speeds even with a 330gr arrow i tested it and i know for a fact .

flytier17

Here is a list of things Martin will do to get that IBO.

lubricate rest
    Time a dropaway so it drops instantly so there is no contact for as long as possible.
    No fletchings.
    No string accessories, even a nock point or loop, and not the factory silencers either.
    No string wax.
    Loose nock fit.
    Minimal serving and light-stranded strings (not factory).
    Hours of extensive tuning by pros that tune at a depth an average bowhunter will never attain.
    Extensive research with speedballs for every diferent bow/configuration.
    tinkering with the Chrony and lighting to get it to read as accurately as possible. (makes a difference, I have seen my 257fps Slayer read as 93fps on a crappy chrony in poor light.)
    And, for the cheetah, extrapolate data related to DL vs. FPS and calculate what 1" of DL would add in speed at that DL.

Do this and I guarantee the bow will read the advertised fps. Martin is honest, they do not falsly advertise. However, they do post unrealistis speeds to hype their sales. Personally, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot. They should be honest, and take a hint from PSE, or Bowtech. Mathews could do the same too. (but I think Mathews needs all the help they can get personally)