Thread: 08 Slayers

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08 Slayers

Does anyone know anything about the 08 slayer (cat cams) limb pocket washers? why are they there and what do they do?

Post Thanks / Like

Frm what I gather, they are ther to keep the limbs from bottoming against the riser. I don't know if Martin was having a limb problem, but apparently they are using a slightly heavier limb on the Slayer than originally designed so without the washers the limbs will produce more poundage than advertised with them removed.

I have a sneaky feeling that this is done to remove some of the extra stress created by the Cat cams so hat limbs will last a lot longer. Safety issue, if you know what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Frm what I gather, they are ther to keep the limbs from bottoming against the riser. I don't know if Martin was having a limb problem, but apparently they are using a slightly heavier limb on the Slayer than originally designed so without the washers the limbs will produce more poundage than advertised with them removed.

I have a sneaky feeling that this is done to remove some of the extra stress created by the Cat cams so hat limbs will last a lot longer. Safety issue, if you know what I mean.
    Looking at everything; what I believe they are doing is basicly angling the limb pockets without actually physicaly doing it. If you notice the A/A has been about 38" verses 36" for the C.A.T. system. So basically they are deflected about the same with the limbs backed out.