Thread: finding correct arrow size

ejb

Default finding correct arrow size

What is a correct size carbon arrow for martin bengal at 60# w/28'' draw,for antelope, i'm having trouble reading eastons chart. Where can i find this information in "black and white"?

Aim4gold

http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/selection
    Here is a link to the on line easton arrow chart, it is very easy to use.
    Be sure to enter arrow length and not draw length

MOUNTIE1

http://www.carbonexpressarrows.com/techarrowselect.html
    I think this chart is a little easier to follow than the Easton. If you click on the first PDF "Adjusted Draw Weight", it will let you enter other factors for your setup. My bow is set on 72# but my adjusted weight is 78#. Then it ask for arrow length, not draw length. Then you will have a choice of arrows which vary in construction and price. It looks like you would be on the border of the 250/350 so the adjusted weight could make the difference. I would probably go with the higher if it is close. The Maxima Hunter is a great shaft IMO.

themick313

Thumbs down CE Terminator XP Arrows 4560/6075

I have the same bow, #, and draw and just purchased my bow over the weekend. I was told (although it seems incorrect) to go with a TR6075 with 27 and quarter inch. I had them cut to size but now it seems that they may be heavier than what it recommended on the sites. Is that a problem? I have also heard that heavier is not going to make a big difference with hunting at shorter distances (less than 40 yards) and will create more penetration for deer hunting. Any suggestions? Should I take the arrows back and go with the TR4560? It seems to be less than a grain per inch difference.

MOUNTIE1

Thumbs up

I think you will probably be fine with the 6075. With the adjusted draw weight and just 3/4 of an inch in the 28" arrow (which would put you on the 6075 anyway) you are right on the border. I would go with the heavier arrow to be sure, especially for hunting inside 40yards. Bottom line will be if the 6075's fly good. Good luck with the new bow!

themick313

Thanks for the follow-up and advice.