Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Buck Hairline Limb Cracks

BUPLAUX

Unhappy Monster Buck Hairline Limb Cracks

Bought it from Dicks yesterday. Looking it over when I got home I noticed hairline cracks on both the inside and outside of the upper and lower limbs extending from the Y cam slot. Two run the entire length of the limb. Planned to hunt this week so don't want to go through taking it back. Do you think this is the camo film, if so why don't I see this on other brands? Will Martin Send me new limbs or is this going to be an ordeal? This is my first bow.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Just get back to Dicks and show them what you got. If you have not fired it at all they should give you another bow in return..

You can also call the Martin customer service, they will send you a new set of limbs.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

dbd870

Sometimes the camo finish can look like cracks, my Cougar is like that; although if I'm remembering correctly (which I may not be) mine don't run that direction. I agree take it back and let them inspect it.

buck hunter

Cool

i had a martin bow do that on me(the martin wildcat from dicks) i had it for a few months only shot 10 times so i called the store and took it back and got a martin trophy hunter for no hassle at all in fact they didnt make pay the diffrince

Parashooter

Damn.... I just got a Wildcat at Dick's tonight, got home, and peeling off the price tag felt it... looked hard, got out the microscope (I keep it handy, I get splinters often) and sure enough it looks like cracks running from the bolts towards the cams, 4-5" long... UNDER the logos so it's not like it was dry-fired...

gotta go back tomorrow after work now...

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me wonder what they do to those bows at Dicks.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Desmond

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Makes me wonder what they do to those bows at Dicks.

It's a shame that this sorta thing happened, but it has nothing to do with MARTIN nor Dick's companies. Is from some careless employees that works for Dick's Sporting Goods. I say this 'cause recently I bought a Monster bow for my son, but before I bought it I draw two bows before it and their string in fact came off. I was lucky enough that the employee that was working that day is a friend of mine and he let me drew each bow on display and a couple left in their storage room. I visually checked the ones that the string came off and they showed damage on either the cams or the tips of the limbs like they were dropped or "roughly" handled. I have bought a few bows from Dick's and never had problems with them. I recommend to always to draw the bow and even shoot it in the store (if they have a shooting range/room of course) before you make the purchase.
    Hope they solve your problem right away.

Parashooter

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    It's a shame that this sorta thing happened, but it has nothing to do with MARTIN nor Dick's companies. Is from some careless employees that works for Dick's Sporting Goods. I say this 'cause recently I bought a Monster bow for my son, but before I bought it I draw two bows before it and their string in fact came off. I was lucky enough that the employee that was working that day is a friend of mine and he let me drew each bow on display and a couple left in their storage room. I visually checked the ones that the string came off and they showed damage on either the cams or the tips of the limbs like they were dropped or "roughly" handled. I have bought a few bows from Dick's and never had problems with them. I recommend to always to draw the bow and even shoot it in the store (if they have a shooting range/room of course) before you make the purchase.
    Hope they solve your problem right away.
    Shooting range/Room??? damn, I didn't even think to ask.. Just presumed a 'box store' wouldn't have that... The salesperson had no problem clipping off the zipties and letting me draw - even had a 'dead' release that just hooks on, but will not release the string

He seemed knowledgeable, a hunter himself, I'll be calling Martin shortly (it's' early yet) and be going back to the store either way after work... On top of all this, the bow I got is 60# max, don't know how that happened, all the ones I looked at were 70. (I know I don't really 'need' 70 anyway, but I'd rather turn down a 70# to 60, than max out a 60...less stress on the limbs I think) - It didn't help that it was just before closing time and the manager is a dictator/prick (even his announcements to customers felt derogatory) So we got a little rushed.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually your bow will perform better and be quieter set at close to the top of it's range.

davydtune

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Actually your bow will perform better and be quieter set at close to the top of it's range.
    Yep for certain.