Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Buck Hairline Limb Cracks

bubbacrabb

Martin would cover it under your lifetime warranty, but dang its only been a recent purchase, take that dang thing back.

Parashooter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Actually your bow will perform better and be quieter set at close to the top of it's range.
    Really??? Interesting! thanks for that!

Post Thanks / Like

It is quieter because the limb bolt is so tight that there is less vibration between limb pocket and the limb itself. This will reduce vibration and also the noise. The only other possibility would be to decrease the area that has contact to the limb AND the riser. What is what Hoyt does with its AM-Series.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Parashooter

Thanks for the input guys.... (wonder how the original poster made out?)

I ran back to dick's, and they swapped it out no problem! I also got the 70# that I intended to get to start with (ALL the others were 70... just the one that I picked up was 60... my luck)

Next detail is that while selecting and inspecting the replacement, I noticed that there are two different "M-Pro" cams... Same size and shape, but on has a slot with numbers for a T-nut, and a stopper pin (from looking at the manual) and the other doesn't have this slot.

No pin/nut with any of these.... What's it for?

Post Thanks / Like

Adjustable draw stop.

Parashooter

that's what I thought.... but I still don't know if it should have come with the bow... Or if it's something I'll need or not....and I don't know which came first- slotted for the stop or not -
    The manual leaves a bit to be desired on these details.

Post Thanks / Like

The newer ones have the draw stop. I believe it is an option on that model.
    I like using one - it gives you a solid wall to stop against plus you can micro tune your draw length with it and also set it for the type of let-off and draw cycle you prefer. You can call Martin and order one from them.

eldermike

Look on the inside of the bottom limb tip and see if there is a short strip of felt on it, on one side. If not there then it's most likely an option, one you can add, if it's there someone forgot to put the rest of the stop system on the bow. That felt piece is half of the system. I hope this makes sense.

Parashooter

Great answers! Thanks again guys! No felt, so I guess I'll be ordering one if it's not too outrageous.... otherwise I'll just fire up the lathe and make one (Hrm, maybe do that anyway, can make a nice stop with O-rings to cushion it - no felt that way)

Pete