Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limbs

flytier17

Default Limbs

What are the different types of limbs and their different specs?

Elite is obviously the 17" recurved target limb. No problems there.

But, I have heard of Magnum, Super Magnum, SE, and Standard limbs in 13" and 14". Whats thew scoop with these? Which are which lengths? Whats the diff.?

Post Thanks / Like

Magnum = 14"

Super Magnum = 13"

SE limbs were 16" long and are not longer produced afaik
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

I have a set of SE limbs on my Slayer. They are '07. They are also 14" long.

Alec

flytier17

Limbs on the Pantera that Bfisher so kindly sold me are magnums, also 14".

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Alec, the Slayer doesn't have SE limbs. They are Magnum limbs. The SE is just a designation they gave the bow.

There are no standard limbs. There is Magnum (14") and Supermagnum (13"). No matter what bow you buy all the limbs are the same. One nice thing about Martin. Entry level bows have the same limbs as the upper end models. And they're all laminated, which is arguably a better limb design.

flytier17

OK, so whats an SE bow?????

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows? I can't be telling you everything I know. Then you'd know as much as me, and probably more. That's a dumb question anyway. What the heck is a SlayR? Now it's called Slayer and I never killed anything with it, but tons of rubber animals.

flytier17

Well, killing tons of rubber animals can be a good thing too. I need to kill more...

So how can my question be dumb if yer tellin all the newbies on here that no question is dumb and to go ahead and ask????? Does it come with being here for a while? If so, I think I'm gonna rejoin as someone else...

If I knew as much as you did, then I wouldn't be asking dumb questions, right? In that case, tell me all you know, and I will stop buggin you with these dumb questions.

Jest kidin of course, I 'm sorry, I should know better. i've been told off before. About pickin' on grumpy old farts like you...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    OK, so whats an SE bow?????
    SE basicly was what they refered to a few years ago describing a limb pocket design that basicly made a standard angled riser at the limb pocket area a parallelled limb bow without redesigning the riser whereby redesigning the limb pocket...kinda looked blocky. It worked well but I don't think the astetics looked well so I don't think it took off. I think it was a kinda a quick fix to get a parrallel limbed bow on the market while they were designing the finest parrallel limbed bows we have today. If I remember correctly I think SE is an abreviation for STORED ENERGY.

OH and BTW the 16" strait limbs were just that. They were not "SE limbs". I do believe the 16" limb was the best limb they made though...kinda a mixture of the best of all the limbs combined. Just my $.02.
    Last edited by scepterman30x; 11-07-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    SE basicly was what they refered to a few years ago describing a limb pocket design that basicly made a standard angled riser at the limb pocket area a parallelled limb bow without redesigning the riser whereby redesigning the limb pocket...kinda looked blocky. It worked well but I don't think the astetics looked well so I don't think it took off. I think it was a kinda a quick fix to get a parrallel limbed bow on the market while they were designing the finest parrallel limbed bows we have today. If I remember correctly I think SE is an abreviation for STORED ENERGY.

OH and BTW the 16" strait limbs were just that. They were not "SE limbs". I do believe the 16" limb was the best limb they made though...kinda a mixture of the best of all the limbs combined. Just my $.02.
    Don't be tellin Alec all this stuff. He's been a Martin guy long enough he should be able to do his own research. Now that you told him about the limb pockets he knows as much as I do. NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!

By the way, SE limb pockets is how I ended up with a 32" A2A ShadowCat a couple years ago. 9 38" brace and B Nitrous X cams.

Hey Alec, I was just kidding you too, my friend.