Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limbs

flytier17

I tried research, but I couldn't get onto the 2006 website.

So if SE is a limb pocket designation, why is my bow designated and SE. It doesn't have those pockets. I'll try to find out on my own. Apareently, there are some senior citizens around here who get stuck up in their senility, and don't want to make it easy for the younger generation. Oh well, I'll go do some research...

Thanks scepterman, I appreciate the help.

I wonder what a pair of 16" limbs would do on a Cougar III?

SE makes sense as a designation of the 16" limbs. Super Mag is a shorter Mag limb, so Super Elite is a shorter elite limb?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I tried research, but I couldn't get onto the 2006 website.

So if SE is a limb pocket designation, why is my bow designated and SE. It doesn't have those pockets. I'll try to find out on my own. Apareently, there are some senior citizens around here who get stuck up in their senility, and don't want to make it easy for the younger generation. Oh well, I'll go do some research...

Thanks scepterman, I appreciate the help.

I wonder what a pair of 16" limbs would do on a Cougar III?

SE makes sense as a designation of the 16" limbs. Super Mag is a shorter Mag limb, so Super Elite is a shorter elite limb?????
    I believe they basicly say that if it is a more paralell limb design then it is termed SE and SE does not mean Super Elite.

I will tell you what they will do...it will be a sweet shootin bow...it will usualy be about 2" shorter than with the 17" Elite limbs and have about a 1/2" shorter B/H. Better yet try them on a Scepter riser. Mine is a S4 with 16" strait limbs with NOS A cams 41.75 A/A, 7.75 to 8" BH...talk about sweet.

Also remember the Elite is recurved so for it to be an Elite 16" then I feel it would need to be recurved. The 16" limb truly was the best limb they had...not to long not to short but just right. But hey just like every thing in life that is just right or perfect they either take it away or do away with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Who knows? I can't be telling you everything I know. Then you'd know as much as me, and probably more. That's a dumb question anyway. What the heck is a SlayR? Now it's called Slayer and I never killed anything with it, but tons of rubber animals.
    Do you really want to know what a SlayR is? If you truly don't know I will tell you. Just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Do you really want to know what a SlayR is? If you truly don't know I will tell you. Just let me know.
    Thanks, but I know what a Slayr is. It was made in 2004 and was the first bow I chose as a new Martin shooter. Designed by Ryals (forget the first name) and spelled backwards.

By the way, Alec and I are internet buddies and I was just busting on him. He likes to bring up my age all the time with the senility remarks. He's just jealous because I have more time looking through a peep sight than he is old.

I do have to admire him though. He's really into this stuff these days and does a lot of tinkering and learning.

Talk about doing research? Get on www.archeryhistory.com and look at a model I Jennings. This was my first compound back in '74. Then look at the 1977 Jennings Arrowstar. This was my fourth bow and the one I shot lights out with, with Field scores in the low to mid 530's. Back then I could see, and really had my head in the game. It is mostly mental you know.

Poor Alec. He probably never even saw a field course.

flytier17

I knew the Ryals-SlayR thing BTW...

Yer right, I'm jealous of your experience. Your age is the only weapon I got left...

As for the tinkering and learning thing? I do way too much. Maybe not learning, tyou can never learn to much. But, I'm always getting made fun of by the guys at the shop. They said if I spent as much time shooting as I did tuning and experimenting, I'd be the dreatest shot in the world. To some degree, they are right. I spend a whole Saturday there doing 7 hours of fiddlin and 2 hours shootin... There is also a guy there who never begins to tune. Eyeballs the setup, and shoots it. Never even checks centershot beyond the eyeball stage. But, he can shoot the pants off pretty much anybody at league nights and the 3-D courses he attends. He shoots a Firecat BTW. And he loves to show me up on the range and then give me a good ribbin about the reasons why I tune too much. Also, About how heavy my bow is. And about how small my pins are. We have a great time. But seriously, I guess I should shoot more.

Scepterman; I have Mag limbs on the Pantera. Would getting 16" limbs be adviseable? Where do I look? And, how old are they? Will they handle a Nitrous draw cycle OK?

flytier17

Never mind, I just read what you said. Aparently they are real good with the Nitrous.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=flytier17;10678]I knew the Ryals-SlayR thing BTW...

Yer right, I'm jealous of your experience. Your age is the only weapon I got left...

As for the tinkering and learning thing? I do way too much. Maybe not learning, tyou can never learn to much. But, I'm always getting made fun of by the guys at the shop. They said if I spent as much time shooting as I did tuning and experimenting, I'd be the dreatest shot in the world. To some degree, they are right. I spend a whole Saturday there doing 7 hours of fiddlin and 2 hours shootin... There is also a guy there who never begins to tune. Eyeballs the setup, and shoots it. Never even checks centershot beyond the eyeball stage. But, he can shoot the pants off pretty much anybody at league nights and the 3-D courses he attends. He shoots a Firecat BTW. And he loves to show me up on the range and then give me a good ribbin about the reasons why I tune too much. Also, About how heavy my bow is. And about how small my pins are. We have a great time. But seriously, I guess I should shoot more.

Scepterman; I have Mag limbs on the Pantera. Would getting 16" limbs be adviseable? Where do I look? And, how old are they? Will they handle a Nitrous draw cycle OK?[/QUOTE
    The 16" limbs will handle anything but the CAT cam system. However the Pantera if I remember correctly is a parrallel limbed bow...which will make your brace height about 2" longer than a 14" mag limbed bow and about 3" longer than the 13" super mag limbs...more forgiving but much less speed.
    Last edited by scepterman30x; 11-09-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: color