Thread: 45-60# 08 bengal limbs

08BENGAL

Default 45-60# 08 bengal limbs

What Is The Price For A Set Of 45-60# Limbs To Replace My 55-70# Limbs. Should Have Bought Mine Like That In The First Place.

flytier17

Check with your dealer. I don't know the MSRP, baybe someone else will.

The other thing is you can post them for trade on AT classifieds. List the deflection code found at the base of the limb, and ask for a trade for 2 #'s lower, same letter. (ie. If your limb is a 5M, ask for a 3M, or if it is a 8H, ask fo a 6H) 1 number is 5lbs of weight, one letter (L, M, H) is 2-3lbs of weight.

Or, back the limb bolts out enough. People really overrate the effiency loss I find.

08BENGAL

My Shoulder Started Bothering Me & I Want To Shoot 55#s. That Would Back The Limb Bolts Out To Minimum. Every One I Have Talked To Says That Is Not Good On Your Bow Even Though The # Rating Says You Can Do It . Any Thoughys On That?

dbd870

There is no problem. I had a Lynx I shot backed out like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 08BENGAL View Post
    My Shoulder Started Bothering Me & I Want To Shoot 55#s. That Would Back The Limb Bolts Out To Minimum. Every One I Have Talked To Says That Is Not Good On Your Bow Even Though The # Rating Says You Can Do It . Any Thoughys On That?

Last year I was shooting a custom built Pantera with 55# limbs and sue to neck surgery and great muscle loss in the left shoulder I had it backed out to 27# for several months. It's not a great long range concept, but it worked for what I needed to do.

If need be you can safely back out the limbs to 55#. Won't hurt much and may let you shoot more comfortably to work your way back up to 60# or so. Don't be a worryin about what some people may say. Limb bolts are put on a bow for a purpose besides just holding the bow together. It's called adjustability.

Now your other question. MSRP on a new set of limbs is $198.92. A dealer might cut you a break or give you a trade-in credit. Who knows? You also might check the classifieds on www.archerytalk.com to see what you can find. Maybe even get someone to swap you even up. There are lots of idiots that want to shoot 70# these days.

08BENGAL

Thanks For The Info. I've Heard Horror Stories About Shooting Bows At Their Minimum. But I Must Agree Why Have Adjustability If You Cant Use It Safely Without Damaging Your Bow. Plus I Hear Martin Is Great On Their Warranties. Again Thanks Alot.

RogerSr

Talking 60# Limb's

I have a set of 60# limb thay did not come off a bengal,but thay are 13' 2008 limb's,they came off a laopard,but thay will fit they are 3M's and they are new! make me an offer? Roger