Thread: buying the Moab

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default buying the Moab

I wanted to buy a 08 Cheetah bow, but the one in the shop has a defected wheel, causing string problems and now i'm thinkig of getting the 08 Moab.This bow seems to me even better and i'll give the extra 70 dollars, but i need to see some more opinions, so if you want,please write me about the Moab.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a 2008 model? If so then I would definitely go with it over the Bengal or Cheetah. I like the longer A2A for it's forgiveness. You won't be sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so ! It is the 2008 model and it's great. In dollars costs about 700, but for Bulgaria this is a good bow price (strangely, here the bows are with at least 50% more expensive than in the US, being sure the delivery expenses aren't so big ,for example- PSE X-Force -1500$ ). I won't buy another bow soon, so let's hope the Moab will shoot well for years .

dbd870

I love mine. The ATA is a about right for a hunting bow light and very nice draw cycle. I'd take it over the Cheetah any day ( heh, guess I did!) .

Post Thanks / Like

May be i'll take it tomorrow. It goes with a quiver,3 pins sight,peep and an arrow rest (not high quality, but good enough).Is it true that you can change the string without a bowpress? Seems a little dangerous, may be must use helmet and face protection . This IBO-ATA stuff, i understand the mechanism, but why the companies don't make some simple charts with different arrows,poundage and speed? (For the europeans the anglo-saxon measure system is a torture, but this is our problem - i've spent hours with the calculator )

flytier17

With any Martin bow, you can back the limbs out until the string is slack, and from there do string work, string changing, limb changing, installation of a limb pocket silencer system, etc... Just don't shoot with the bolts more than 5 turns out.

nocknroll

THe MOAB is my first bow. I too had been debating between two bows but it was the Cheetah and the Bengal. I looked at the numbers and went with the MOAB for the extra clams.

I just recently changed my drawlength on my own without a bow press... and I'm a noob. So yeah, it can be done. But I can see how a bowpress would make it easier...you wouldn't have to worry about the limbs disconnecting from the riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, a bowpress does a great job, but unfortunately i can't buy one here.If i'll need some repairs i'll make them without a press.Hope everything will be okay!

flytier17

Thanks Alex and Simon for the info on European hunting. Now I am not so ignorant.

I'm assuming you can bowhunt in all those countries too? Reason I ask is because in Australia, I've heard Bowhunting is not allowed. I could be wrong, but I got that from an Aussie friend of mine. Mind you, he doesn't hunt, but he seemed pretty sure.

Alex: Check out the Bowmaster press. It is inexpensive and very functional.

Post Thanks / Like

flytier,i've checked out the bowmaster press- looks a good product.I will ask in the only one pro-shop here and if they don't have it i'll try to purchase it.About the bowhunting in Australia-sorry, i have no idea