Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying the Moab

Post Thanks / Like

Default buying the Moab

I wanted to buy a 08 Cheetah bow, but the one in the shop has a defected wheel, causing string problems and now i'm thinkig of getting the 08 Moab.This bow seems to me even better and i'll give the extra 70 dollars, but i need to see some more opinions, so if you want,please write me about the Moab.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it a 2008 model? If so then I would definitely go with it over the Bengal or Cheetah. I like the longer A2A for it's forgiveness. You won't be sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so ! It is the 2008 model and it's great. In dollars costs about 700, but for Bulgaria this is a good bow price (strangely, here the bows are with at least 50% more expensive than in the US, being sure the delivery expenses aren't so big ,for example- PSE X-Force -1500$ ). I won't buy another bow soon, so let's hope the Moab will shoot well for years .

dbd870

I love mine. The ATA is a about right for a hunting bow light and very nice draw cycle. I'd take it over the Cheetah any day ( heh, guess I did!) .

Post Thanks / Like

May be i'll take it tomorrow. It goes with a quiver,3 pins sight,peep and an arrow rest (not high quality, but good enough).Is it true that you can change the string without a bowpress? Seems a little dangerous, may be must use helmet and face protection . This IBO-ATA stuff, i understand the mechanism, but why the companies don't make some simple charts with different arrows,poundage and speed? (For the europeans the anglo-saxon measure system is a torture, but this is our problem - i've spent hours with the calculator )

flytier17

With any Martin bow, you can back the limbs out until the string is slack, and from there do string work, string changing, limb changing, installation of a limb pocket silencer system, etc... Just don't shoot with the bolts more than 5 turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! This is a precious information.I was thinking of ordering a" nitehawk" bowpress in the future, but now i can save my money .

flytier17

This system works well, but it is a pain to continually do this. If I were you, I would save up for a Bowmaster Portable press. About 50 bucks here. The split limb adapters make it even easier to use even for a solid limb bow.

Enjoy your MOAB!

Do you hunt there, or shoot spots? I'm not sure where hunting is allowed outside NA.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought the MOAB a couple of hours ago. It is really great! I shoot for sport (in the matter of fact i shoot more for pleasure, when i was a child i liked shooting on long distance and watching the arrow fly far away and i still like this, but since i shoot a compound i started target shoting with medium success, because my bow isn't very good and me too yet ). In Bulgaria bowhunting is forbiden, but i don't mind it, because i'm not a hunter.There are 3-D tournaments and now when i have a good bow i'll try myself in some.As far as i know bowhunting is allowed in some West European countries like Great Britain, France and Spain.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex,

Wish you luck with that new MOAB. You should certainly be able to pick up a bit of accuracy with a bow with later technology. And for your information there is nothing wrong with "hunting" rubber animals. It's a lot of fun, really.