Thread: ibo speed

martinjag008

Default ibo speed

how do you find your ibo speed

Post Thanks / Like

The ibo speed is the speed of a bow measured with a 350 grain arrow at 70lbs and 30" draw length. In theory.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

You don't, unless you shoot with the parameters told by Montalaar.You can measure the actual speed of your bow, using a machine (the english name of wich i can't remember now ) Usually the actual speed is about 20 or more fts slower than the IBO.

flytier17

I think Alex is referring to a Hooter Shooter, made by Spot-Hogg.

A bow's IBO speed is perfectly attainable if you know how to tune. With all the right tricks, IBO can be reached. The difference is, some companies like Bowtech and PSE give the straight-up IBO speed of any bow. The Campanies like Mathews, Martin, and Hoyt tend to give the "optimum" results, that an average Bowhunter will not get.

Post Thanks / Like

I think alex meant the chronograph. :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

OOOps, hees right. I don't know why, I just thought Hooter Shooter as oon as I skimmed throught the post.

Sorry Alex, my bad.

Somebody just ban me befor I do more damage here...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    OOOps, hees right. I don't know why, I just thought Hooter Shooter as oon as I skimmed throught the post.

Sorry Alex, my bad.

Somebody just ban me before I do more damage here...
    Get back to earth Alec. You got your mind on Hooters. Have you no shame?? This a a family forum, too, ya know.

Alex. remember that word ----- chronograph. Shorten it and you'll see it referred to as a chrono.

As for the original question? It's been answered, but I'll add my experience. If you don't have a 30" draw you don't have a chance of even coming close. And even getting within 20 fps is a lost cuase with any normal hunting setup. There are a lot of things factored in, but putting it short and sweet, the average hunting setup will be about 30-50 fps less than the bows advertised IBO speed.

So, is IBO false advertising? Not by any means. It is just a measure of a bows potential if you can shoot 30", 70#n and a 350 grain arrow and know every little thing there is about tweaking avery fps that can be had.

Post Thanks / Like

Chronograph is a strange word- "timewriter".If i must translate the bulgarian word in english it will be "speedmeasurer" and may be this is the reason i forgot the "chronograph".My mistake,sorry! If you are a target shooter like me the speed isn't so important-i don't expect the target to run away (of course it is nice to shoot from 10 to 40 yards with one pin,but using more isn't fatal).

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Get back to earth Alec. You got your mind on Hooters. Have you no shame?? This a a family forum, too, ya know.
    You are an old guy who wouldn't understand. If you were 30 years younger and had the testost....... Never mind, you just won't understand