Thread: Changing draw lenght on Cougar Elite/Fury (LH)

SandSquid

Default Changing draw lenght on Cougar Elite/Fury (LH)

I'm looking to purchase a new(used) target bow for my wife. I have found a really sweet Martin Cougar w/ Elite Limbs and Fury cam in the requisite left hand[/COLOR] configuration and it is stated can be adjusted down to her preferred 35#(she may go up to 40#, someday). It is set to 25" draw and she needs 27" (Oddly enough we have found that on different bows for her to be comfortable, it can slide from 26.5 to 27.25)

From what I've been able to find out online, the fury cams are length specific... Is this true?

Which cams would I need on a Cougar w/ Elite limbs to get me to 26.5 to 27.25?

Truth be told, I don't have a lot of extra cash to be throwing around, so to go and buy this bow and a new set of cams will likely mean we have to pass on it. But finding anything in left hand is proving to be rather difficult. Why is it so hard to find a LH target model riser, w/ 35# elite limbs @ 27" ?!?!?!!
    Last edited by SandSquid; 12-07-2008 at 06:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cougar Elite

Look at the cams on the bow. They should have OOO or OOOHL stamped on them for 25" AMO draw lenght. The OOO are 65% let off and the OOO hl are 75%. To get 27" you need the O Fury Cams. And you will need longer strings and cables. Go on Archery Talk.com and search in the want adds for the cams you need. You should be able to find them for around $30.00 to $40.00. But I would try to find a pair of Nitrous A cams with reg. mods. All of the Cougars the II, III and IV all use the same lenght string and cables. The Cougar with Nitrous A Cams is 25" to 28". I have a Cougar II Elite with Fury Cams and a Scepter II Elite with Nitrous Cams and the Nitrous cams are alot more forgiving.
    May All Of Your Arrows Find The Bulls Eye-MSMFSL
    NRA Life Member
    NFAA Member
    Martin Proud
    Scepter IV Elite w/Furious X Cams

Post Thanks / Like

Good info Roberts, but you forgot to specify that the Nitrous cams have a rotating module so are adjustable in 1/2" increments.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin/Rytera Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SandSquid

Default passed on it...

Cool, thanks!

I passed on that bow.... Trying to narrow down the choice between two used bows… A "brand new", never been built, Phantom-2 or very lightly used ShadowCat

Both have 50-60# Elite limbs and High let-off Nitrous "A" cams…

I gotta do something pretty quick.... I already have the Toxonics sight w/ ultralite housing and 6X lens wrapped up and under the tree, ready to hang on it.

Really need to get her out of the kiddies' Darton Ranger-II and into a real "target" bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you need a left hand model. I just happen to have a VERY lightly used P3 Elite w/A Nitrous X cams on it. My draw varies around the 27" mark, too. All black with Bucknasty strings on it. 40-55# range.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

SandSquid

Sounds perfect for my daughter....

But probably out of my price range, now that I got my wife that LH Martin ShadowCat w/ Elite limbs and Nitrous "A" Cam (high let-off)

PM me some pictures and a price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    Sounds perfect for my daughter....

But probably out of my price range, now that I got my wife that LH Martin ShadowCat w/ Elite limbs and Nitrous "A" Cam (high let-off)

PM me some pictures and a price.
    PM sent. Let me know.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver