Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rytera bows

vision archery

Default Rytera bows

I was just wondering how long has Martin been making this bow line? Are they cheaper or higher, and how do they shoot? That Alien X looks very good to me.

Post Thanks / Like

The Rytera bow line is Martin's elite series, Im not sure how long they have offered this line maybe back to 05 or 06 , but they definately are not cheaper than a Martin.

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by slinger View Post
    The Rytera bow line is Martin's elite series, Im not sure how long they have offered this line maybe back to 05 or 06 , but they definately are not cheaper than a Martin.
    Rytera is made by Martin and is a Higher end Martin. They have been avaliable for about 5 yrs now the Triad and Bullet X are their main modles with the Alien available in Jan 09. Very nice bows cant waite to get a Alien. They cost quite a bit more than a Martin !

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, Matt. I've been seeing prices of about $699 for the AlienX and that ain't bad considering. Hey, what did the Slayer go for? How about the WartHog? That Alien might be right in the thick of things this year. Now if they'd just start making it with an ATA of about 36" I would have ordered one.

They kind of went crazy with the short bow idea this year. I guess they have to make what people think they want. You know. Those bowhunters are at least 90% of the sales.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

vision archery

That is true on the ATA and bowhunting. I just sold my Mathews switchback XT and bought the firecat. The XT was only 31"ATA but shot good but it lacked on the energy, and in hunting you got to have the energy. The more I shoot this firecat the more I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default $900?

Based on the MSRP differential between the Firecat and the Warthog, you are looking at a potential $900 sticker for a hypothetical 36" Rytera. The upcharge from the Firecat to the Warthog is about 30% ($580 up to $750). Add that to the $699 Rytera and it comes to just over $900 for a 36" Alien. If it truly costs an extra 30% to build up essentially the same bow from 32" to 36", I can certainly see the hesitation to come out with a longer Alien. Based on the initial impression, I'm sure there would be a pretty good line of guys willing to shell out $900 for this hypothetical bow but would it be enough to warrant design and production? I believe the riser on the Alien is one-piece rather than the 3-piece modular riser of the firecat/warthog, so the cost differential may be different.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I don't know, Matt. I've been seeing prices of about $699 for the AlienX and that ain't bad considering. Hey, what did the Slayer go for? How about the WartHog? That Alien might be right in the thick of things this year. Now if they'd just start making it with an ATA of about 36" I would have ordered one.

They kind of went crazy with the short bow idea this year. I guess they have to make what people think they want. You know. Those bowhunters are at least 90% of the sales.
    Last edited by C Bailey; 12-22-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

@C Bailey

Where have you read anything about the 36" Rytera?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hypothetical

My comment was just in response to bfisher comparing the price of the 32" Alien to the prices of the longer ATA Slayer and Warthog and his wish for a 36" version. I have heard several others making the same suggestion that Rytera should produce a 36" Alien but nothing I have read suggests that it would be reality any time soon. Sorry for the confusion.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    @C Bailey

Where have you read anything about the 36" Rytera?

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, I think you have your figures mixed up a little. MSRP on the FireCat (camo) is $629 and $749 on the Warthog. MAP is $580 and $700 respectively. Even so, I get your point, but you can't blame a guy for dreaming, right?

Something else to think about would be that to accomplish the ATA they'd have to redesign the cam to be either...A- smaller or....B smaller module----to get down to my 26.5-27" draw length.

Like you said, not gonna happen any time soon.

Hey Simon---RELAX. You're gonna have a heart attack. Go have your own dream. This one is mine. LOL.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Do not tell me what to dream about. I like the riser of the Alien but as we all know.... Everything under 32" Draw length is not useful for me.

I found out yesterday that i would have to increse my drawlength to around 32.-32.5 to use handhelf releases like the Evo+...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL