Thread: Aerovanes

Hybrid View

flytier17

Default Aerovanes

Anybody used these? What do you think.

They use lift, like 3 mini aeroplane wings to spin the shaft, not drag. They have silent flight as well. And, they are fletched straight, and have no kicker like a quickspin. Aparrently they will spin the arrow more intensly than a quickspin with no drag. They are also stiff, so as not to distort at high speeds. Arrow trajectory is flatter too. @ 40yds, my FMJ's jumped an unbelievable 17" up, while @ 10 yds they were only 1.5" high. My pins are half as far apart, and the arrow weight is the same. Sounds like a plus for 3-D. Also, my 60yd groups went from 8" to 4.5". I like them a lot.

vision archery

No I haven't but sounds like something I need to look into. Thanks for the info.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Alec. Give us some details, pictures, prices.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

flytier17

Hello Dorge, nice to see you over here as well. Welcome to the Martin Forum!

Like you can see in my post, I did get some Gen. 1 vanes from the AT classifieds. So far I am extremely impressed. I am holding out till the Gen. II comes out to buy more. I intend to have them adorning my 3-D arrows, as well as my hunting arrows if they can steer a Silver Flame correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Alec. You are shooting Silver Flames? Great choice.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

OK Dorge,

I don't shoot vanes that often, usually because of the increased weight compared with feathers. However, I always like some new technology and don't dismiss it without having tried it for myself. I don't often ely on the inexperience of other to do my judging. So where can I buy a few of these things to try? I need the version that would be used mainly in 3D. Not interested in anything for broadheads at this time.

How might they work off a Trophy Taker Spring Steel?

For the record I've never shot Blazers. Not crazy about high profile.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver