Thread: OK Belive it or Not I have a Question!

Elk4me

Default OK Belive it or Not I have a Question!

Ok I am looking to start purchasing parts for my next bow. I am looking for a Dynacam and was wondering if there is a differance in a cam coming from a Left Hand bow or a Righthand bow. I found a Member on AT that has one but see he is a lefty and not sure if Martin made different versions of the Dynacam for RH and LH bows , or are they universal! Dont want to buy the wrong part and not have a use for it.

BFisher HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPP!

Elk4me

TTT I guss I need help or I am a Archery Addict!

Post Thanks / Like

afaik it is not specific. But as a staff shooter i wonder why you do not call the customer service or maybe LeEarl. :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    afaik it is not specific. But as a staff shooter i wonder why you do not call the customer service or maybe LeEarl. :P
    It's because he figured I'd bail him out, but being hinest I don't know. My gut tells me that right and left hands are different cams. At last that's what I've always seen in other bows. Sorry Matt.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Montalaar I didnt call Martin because I didnt want to look like a IDIOT! I dont think there is any differance but who knows gona contact Le Earl!

SandSquid

I'm no Martin expert (someday I'd love to be certifed Martin Mechanic ;-) but I've turned a few wrenches.. (I did take several semesters of Mechanical Engineering and I was a Volvo Mechanic... before that I was a Machinist in the Aerospace Industry) So I'm going to look at this as a purely mechanical "nuts and bolts" perspective... How's that for a disclaimer?

If it is hand specific, and it is a single can and an idler wheel, for example the Tigress has a Dyna w/ the cam on the bottom and the idler on the top...
    couldnít one just flip the orientation so the idler goes to the bottom and the cam goes to the top, what was right on the bottom now becomes left on the top and vice-versa... and thus it would be a LH?

Of course you'd need a LH riser to make this all work.

flytier17

I'd think that the cable post and track and module would have to run on the lright side of the bow for a RH bow, and left for a LH bow. I think you need a seperate cam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    I'm no Martin expert (someday I'd love to be certifed Martin Mechanic ;-) but I've turned a few wrenches.. (I did take several semesters of Mechanical Engineering and I was a Volvo Mechanic... before that I was a Machinist in the Aerospace Industry) So I'm going to look at this as a purely mechanical "nuts and bolts" perspective... How's that for a disclaimer?

If it is hand specific, and it is a single can and an idler wheel, for example the Tigress has a Dyna w/ the cam on the bottom and the idler on the top...
    couldnít one just flip the orientation so the idler goes to the bottom and the cam goes to the top, what was right on the bottom now becomes left on the top and vice-versa... and thus it would be a LH?

Of course you'd need a LH riser to make this all work.
    This has been done. I think it was Storm or possibly Kodiak back a couple years ago. From what I see out in the field it never caught on. In other words I've never seen one be used with the cam on the top limb. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work though. The bow has matched limbs and it's just a mechanical thing. No way it would know where the cam is located.

Matt, what are you trying to do anyway? Don't you know that single cam technology is goofy? Heck, even Mathews has seen the light and come out with a dual cam this year. Ha Ha.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Complicate the matter

Other Martin Cams are ambidextrous. They put the posts and all those things on both sides so they can be converted to either hand. Makes stocking parts and part/numbering a whole lot easier. For this reason I donít think it is a silly question so I would suggest you suck up your pride and call CS . However if your willing to trust us (ha ha ha) It all depends on whether the draw module is integrated or bolted on. If itís removable/changeable then I would expect that it will work for both hands simply switch it to the other side. http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...es/biggrin.gif

But I could be completely wrong

Elk4me

Talekd to Joel Monday and there is a differece in LH and Rh cams. I found RH Set on AT gona snatch it up for my next Build!