Thread: martin strings

Post Thanks / Like

Smile martin strings

can someone tell me what the difference is with the double helix and the double helix elite strings and cables. i bought a 2008 bengal on ebay with a stock string [double helix] i could only get 54# on this bow, it was rated at 45to 60#, and the cam wasn't in the proper position. so i bought a custom string the new string put the cam in the poper position and i could get the 60#. i guess that was why it was on ebay.

2008 bengal, 5 pin truglo sight, quad ultra rest.
    2008 moab 5 pin truglo micro ajust sight, ripcord rest.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

flytier17

DBL Helix is a fancy name for a bulk-produced factory string.

The DBL Helix Elite is a Stoney Mountain Dakota series string I believe. Not too bad, but I do prefer the aftermarket strings. However, I usually don't replace the elite string until it is worn out. The std. string I replace automatically as soon as I get the bow.

For an aftermarket custon string, I reccommend ProStirngs. They make a highquality string at a reasonable price. Every bit as good or better than name brands like WC.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Alec,does the ProStrings ship internationally?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

They should also deliver to Europe/Bulgaria :P
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile string question

hello alec! do you know if the 2009 moab comes with the standard or the elite string? i'm thinging very seriously about ordering one. can you give me prostrings web adress or phone #? if it has the elite i will do as you do , wear it out then replace it. thank you
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

1.2009 MOAB-standard, 2008 MOAB-elite. 2.You can find the site via Google-very good site,with good information and there is a phone number.
    Montalaar, i tought that "internatioanal" includes Europe,have forgotten that we are "privileged"
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

@bowgramp

If you want to call Prostrings try (320) 679-2843 or search via google for them. Easy to find.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

www.prostring.com
    sales@prostring.com
    (320) 679-2843 as Simon has already pointed out.

I believe they do ship internationally, though the cost would be slightly more, as is to be expected.

The 09 MOABS have the elite strings, at least the ones in our shop here in Ontario. I know the website says otherwise, but the strings in the shop were pretty good. I think they are the elite.

Like I said, I think Prostrings makes a great string. There are lots out there just as good, maybe cheaper also, but I have never had a problem with prostrings as of yet, and they are the best I have owned so far, even better than a winners choice set I had, as well as finger freddie strings too. The cost is very reasonable too. The customer service is fantastic. Wes Earbstoesser is a great guy to deal with. They will also take care of complaints or troubles, and you get a very fine product.