Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mystic Help

flytier17

Good for you, I'm glad you found a solution.

Did Martin replace the limbs, or did you have to buy a second set?

Alec

Poor Shooter

They replaced the limbs and we decided to change the draw length modules to be toward the longer instead of the shorter of length. They traded me out. I had to go thru a bow shop was the only catch. My son shoots for a shop so that was an easy task.

They were very nice and we discussed what we wanted out of the bow. The wife is hoping to be shooting it next week.

flytier17

Good for you, I'm glad you had a positive experience. I hope your wife enjoys her bow a lot, and that it serves her well.

Poor Shooter

Just an update to the guys that helped. The wife loves the bow. She finished 2nd at our Missouri Archery Assoc. (NAA rules) state indoor tourney. behind the woman that holds the MAA records for indoor and outdoor. She even beat me which is not that hard. She has also decided to shoot the NFAA Midwest Sectionals in KC and NFAA Nationals. Things are looking up but I may have created a monster.

Thanks again
    Dave

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Shooter View Post
    She has also decided to shoot the NFAA Midwest Sectionals in KC and NFAA Nationals. Things are looking up but I may have created a monster.
    I created 3 monsters, My wife and both daughters... Last Thursday even the youngest out-shot me!

Wife had not touched a bow before this just past Thanksgiving, and she's now shooting 290's/40+X's

BTW, were staying @ LaQuinta Suites on Preston Hwy... if you want to get together for a "Meet & Greet" on Friday Evening..... I'm sure the womenfolks will get along just great.

Poor Shooter

Thats great that the whole family is involved. My wife and 2 boys shoot and I take care of their equipment. I shoot when I can. My 13yr old I cant touch with a compound (300-55X avg). He is Natl Champ. with a recurve(outdoor)(started a recurve in April 08).
    The wife is a mid 290-40+ shooter. She will be shooting a year in March. My 7yr old set an outdoor Yeoman class record at 6yrs old of 1298. He has been shooting a year this month. He is alot better this year but dont like to shoot that much. Then there is me.

Is that at Louisville? That would be good I always like to meet new people.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Sandsquid,

Just what are you trying to do? You're nuts. Just had shoulder surgery and you're shooting already? What happened to the 6 months of rehab?

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Sandsquid,

Just what are you trying to do? You're nuts. Just had shoulder surgery and you're shooting already? What happened to the 6 months of rehab?

Barry
    I'm right handed and had shoulder surgery(I'm 4 weeks Post-Op tomorrow!) on my left shoulder... but that still leaves my right arm usable! I'm shooting my wife's left hand bow (Cheetah) holding with my right hand I attached a "chew strap" to the D-loop and drawing and shooting with my TEETH!

see video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfB15bZJXsM

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Shooter View Post
    Is that at Louisville? That would be good I always like to meet new people.
    Yes. Louisville... Well get there on the eve of the 13th.

If we don't hook up outside the convention center, I should be easy to spot inside as I'll be the guy wearing the shoulder immobilizer (see video in above post) and likely be wearing a desert-camo "boonie" hat and for sure have a pair of vortex binos on a shoulder harness...

my Cell is (nine,zero,one)two,eight,three-five,eight,nine,zero

Poor Shooter

We'll be there then too.

I would think you are just a little dedicated. I dont think I would be shooting until I was all recovered. I work in a Hospital and get to see a lot of people get repair surgery from starting back to work early. I cant even imagine what you are doing.

Good Luck
    Dave