Thread: how do I make my Firecat a little bit more quiet?

flnative75

Default how do I make my Firecat a little bit more quiet?

I would like to start off by saying I love my firecat . But one thing Ive noticed is my firecat compared to other bows mainly the BOwtech as far as quietness goes, the firecat is just a little louder than the bowtech I see that factory wise the bowtech comes with limbsavers and stirng silencers that make there bows ultra quiet. does martin offer these features?
    I will say this even there new Admiral still cannot compete with the speed and forgiveness of my bow just would like a little quieter bow

flytier17

The Firecats I've seen sold come with an STS and a pair of Bow-Jax string silencers, as well as limbsavers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Vibration

Bow noise is basically caused by vibration.
    Minimizing the vibration and movement of parts where ever possible will reduce your noise levels.
    The best way to identify where your excess noise is coming from is to remove all the add-on stuff. Sights, stabilizers quiver Ö (donít discount the rest it may not be easily removed but it also be a source of noise)

Shoot the bow and see if there is an improvement in the noise level. Work with the stripped down bow to eliminate any noise.
    - Adding limb Jax will help
    - If you donít have the CCS (Cable Constraint System) you may want to add it or you can add string silencers to the stationary end of your cables. Caution this may potentials slow your arrow speed.
    - You can also add string silencers even if you have the STS (Shock termination suppressor) again adding stuff to the string will in addition to making it quieter will likely cause a loss of speed.
    - Confirm you donít have any wiggle in your axle clips they can buzz when the limb vibrates. A small piece of foam tape or a dab of silicone glue may help. Taking it to the shop and having them add spacer washers if they are really loose. Factory specs on these are pretty good these days so this is unlikely.
    -Check draw modules to ensure none of those screws are loose.

Now one by one start adding the peripherals back on. Shooting the bow after each addition and listening for any added noise. Adding rubber gaskets between the connections of these items may help reduce the noise level. Tighten all loose elements to ensure you have no ďBuzzĒ from any accessory. You may find that your biggest noise source is one of these and if you canít eliminate the noise look for an alternative product.

flnative75

the bow itself is not any louder then when I first purchased without any accesories. I am just wondering if there is any factory type silencers just like the bowtech that will allow the bow to quiet down a little.
    If not which aftermarket products do you recommen?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats on that rascal

please confirm if it has the STS and the CSS