Thread: how to change draw length 08 cheetah

jedicocheese

Default how to change draw length 08 cheetah

Hi all,
    i just got a 'new used' 08 cheetah. The draw is currently sent to 28.5. reading thru the manaul it says to replace the mod with a higher numbered one to change the draw length and make it longer.

It doesn't say if i need to use a bow vice or anything like that. Can i just unscrew the screws and put in a new module? I was reading that i might have to back on the limbs to get to the screws.

Anything else i should know about? Like, will the string come flying off and is there anything i could break or ruin by changing the module?
    Thanks
    Jason

dbd870

Never tried a Cheetah but the MPro's I have done can be changed without backing the limbs out. A bow vice is handy but I'm betting you could get by without it. One the bolts is no problem, the second one can be accessed by squeezing the string/cable enough to make the cam rotate so you can get to the other bolt.

jedicocheese

sweet, thanks for the info
    peace
    jason

delmarduck

Changed mine using a bow vice, and don't think you can without it.

tackle

You don't need a press just unscrew the limb bolts till you can see them coming through the little black things they are screwed into don't no the names of them there will be just a little pressure on the m-pro cam but you can move it I put string twist in and put new mods in my cheetah this way. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle View Post
    You don't need a press just unscrew the limb bolts till you can see them coming through the little black things they are screwed into don't no the names of them there will be just a little pressure on the m-pro cam but you can move it I put string twist in and put new mods in my cheetah this way. Hope this helps.
    They're called barrel nuts.

Depending on the cam orientation all that is necessary is to squeeze the cable toward the riser, which rotates the cam a bit, allowing access to the hidden screw. If there is too much tension for you to hold then maybe just use a zip tie to hold the cable toward the riser while you make the moddule swap.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver