Thread: Limb Crack or Paint Chip?

BowNewbie

Post Limb Crack or Paint Chip?

I have a 07 Cheetah, Bought it brand new 1 year ago, This bow is great! My first compound bow and I think I've made a really great choice, but after about 50+ shots I notice a line running across the bottom of each limb starting from the cam pockets. After reading some of the posts here I decided that it is just paint chips since I take care of it like a baby and it still shoots the same, I have nothing to worry, but recently after careful inspection I've noticed more cracks even on the riser, Here's some pix. Please give me your opinion?
    Attached Images Attached Images

razorjack

I would say paint crack's,hope so anyway.........also welcome to the forum's.

flytier17

Run a lense cloth over it to see if it catches. Are there any noises eminating from it when you draw?

BowNewbie

Thanks for the replies, I just don't want this bow flying apart the next time i shoot it. The draw is still smooth / when running your finger nail across the lines you can feel the groove, also sometimes when shooting i hear a loud "clunk" noise, it sounded pretty bad. I tightened everything but occasionally i still hear that noise once in a long while, That's why I'm a little concern that the limbs are the issue.

i recently sanded down the small "cracks" on the limbs and it appears to just be the paint, there was no lines or cracks below the laminate. Also sanded the small part on the riser and the riser is aluminum so definitely no crack, this gave me assurance that my bow is probably okay.

razorjack

Sounds like you got it figured out.are those factory string and cable,i notice their black,not the yellow and black!.