Thread: differences between firecat pro x 08 vs. 09

Unregistered

Default differences between firecat pro x 08 vs. 09

Im looking to purchase a firecat pro x and I noticed that the 08's specs are identical to that of the 09, it even says so right on the martin site in the description of the 09 bow. So with that being said I was just wondering what the addition of the new CCS, does for this bow? Is it a huge improvement in draw cycle, reduce noise, etc. please let me know anything you can about this. The reason im asking is because if its not really a huge improvement over the 08 model, my local archery shop offered me a great deal on there last remaining 08 brand new never shot $475.00 out the door. That is about $200 difference from the price online if you factor in tax and shipping, and $150 from what it will be when my pro shop gets them in later this month. So as you can see its deffinetly worth me checking it out, especially since it obviously does nothing for the specs of the bow but we all know theres more to it than just the specs.

Post Thanks / Like

If money is an issue for you then I would choose the 08 model your shop has. I haven't shot one with the CCS on it yet (maybe next week when it gets here), but I wouldn't expect a ton of difference between them. The bow might be a litle more quiet as the CCS may reduce cable vibration, but not $200 worth.

Take it for what it's worth but this is just my opinion.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Go 08

Go with the 08 version for sure!

flytier17

Nothing wrong with the 08.

I prefer the cleaner limb tips and riser design of the 09, but that is subjective, and I would not pay 150 JUST for that.