Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moab or Bengal???

coachjdub

Default Moab or Bengal???

I Have been researching many bows in a price range of about $400. I've shot the Martin Bengal and have chosen this bow to be the best bow for my money.

What about the Moab though. Is there a big difference? If so what are they? Is the Moab worth the extra money over the Bengal?

Let me hear your thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are right on the money there. (so to speak)

Moab has a slightly longer draw length range and comes with the CSS and STS installed. Both of which can be added to the Bengal later if you wish. Presumably when you have more money to spend.

“Best Value Of The Year Award” is one of the line items under the web site bow description and I concur with you it's the one to buy.

Go Bengal and Welcome to the martin family!

coachjdub

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reassurance. Sometimes you need that when you are making your first big bow purchase.

Any other comments out there. Please all Moab and Bengal bow hunters feel free to chime in.

Post Thanks / Like

Default moab

Have an 08 MOAB. Very queit and shock free,smooth draw, great bow. It is not a speedster. I was looking for a bow that is all around ,hunt and target.Very forgiving.Before I decided on MOAB I shoot bowtec,bear, diamond,and hoyt. The MOAB fit all my needs without breaking the bank. Was able to spend alittle more on extras.

JT38off

Quote Originally Posted by coachjdub View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance. Sometimes you need that when you are making your first big bow purchase.

Any other comments out there. Please all Moab and Bengal bow hunters feel free to chime in.
    i was debating the same thing but it was between the bengal and the monster buck hunter by dicks sporting goods, then i heard the monster was a bengal renamed for dicks but already set up. i have nothing against big box store bows but i was sure i was gonna change the whole set up and spend more money on sights rest etc. and then i found an 09 moab on ebay brand new the dealer was asking 459.00 w/ free shipping and i got him down to 399.99 w/ free shipping, it was not a 2cd or refurbished, so i went w/ that because it has the ccs and sts which runs about 65.00 to 75.00 more and its one of their pro series bows. i think if you could find the same deal you would be happy. just food for thought!

coachjdub

Default Great Feedback

All have been really helpful. Keep them coming. If you have any opinion please feel free to share them.

Some like the Bengal some the Moab, but what is the $50 - $75 between the two bows.

What are the differences I am paying for?

dbd870

For 08 I thought the difference was pretty significant - the difference in weight alone was enough to push me to the MOAB. The 09's - the spec's are close enough there isn't much in it. There is the 1" shift in draw lengths that could be important if you are very long or short. Like Bow_bender said the MOAB has the CCS & STS. The CCS is not a big deal to me; I do like the STS though. For most it will come down to do you want to pay the difference for the CCS & STS? I haven't shot any of the 09's but I'm betting someone like me with a middle of the road 28" draw length won't shoot one any better than the other.
    Last edited by dbd870; 01-27-2009 at 02:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only say that i have a MOAB and it is a great bow.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Korak

I have an 07 and liked so much that I bought an 08 ( thought I was getting an 09) I see no reason for me to buy something different.

The 07 is 61# and used for hunting. The 08 was ordered as a fifty pounder for targets. It is sweet.

coachjdub

Default Good Feedback

Good feedback.

Seems like a lot of Moab users.

What about you Bengal users, what is your take.

Also still need to get down to the truth, besides the CSS and STS what is the difference between the two bows? Besides those to accessories I am hearing there is not a big difference. Is that true.

Feel free to grace me with your knowledge. I am new to this and am soaking all up all this info like a sponge.

Thanks all who have responded and keep them coming.