Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moab or Bengal???

Post Thanks / Like

Default think about this

Many of us on this site are zealots, me included. We're not likely to buy the non-pro series bow just because we want the prestigious value that says we're serious. "yes of course give me the pro-series model!" (Shhh even if there isn't a significant difference, wisper wisper).

coachjdub

Quote Originally Posted by b0w_bender View Post
    Many of us on this site are zealots, me included. We're not likely to buy the non-pro series bow just because we want the prestigious value that says we're serious. "yes of course give me the pro-series model!" (Shhh even if there isn't a significant difference, wisper wisper).
    That is what I am trying to decide do I shop with my ego or my wallet in mind. I am leaning more toward my wallet since this is only my second year bow hunting.

Does any one have any good prices on a 09 Bengal/Camo/CCS/Sting Dampener and Stabalizor.

I found one at a shop this weekend for $420. Does that sound like a good deal.

What would be the good price for the same set up for the MOAB.

Lets compare good set up cost for both bows. Who has some numbers?

coachjdub

Default Price

What are the best prices any of you have seen on the two bows.

Bengal with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Moab with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Looking for the Cheapest prices you have seen or heard of on either bow.

JT38off

besides the ccs, sts, the ata is a little shorter on the bengal by 1/4 inch, the brace height is also different, 7 on the bengal and 7 3/8 on the moab, this difference is either in the riser which i know is different or the length of the limbs, but most likely the riser dips in more toward the string at rest, other than that i see no difference. maybe its an optical illusion but the limbs on the moab look slightly more parallel than on the bengal, but maybe its just my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

i have both a 2008 bengal and 2008 moab i like them both, but evertime i go hunting i grab the bengal just feels better to me in my popup blind. the moab is a little faster at the same draw wt. on the 2008 models the moab has the new limb pockets the bengal has not. i'm not convinced thats an improvement . i've had to replace the limbs on the moab , i've had 2 bengals never had any problems with either. the bengal is the best value for the money . you want go wrong with either bow. and martin has the best customer service . hope this helps!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

i plan on buying a 2009 moab , i like the bengal also. if you buy a bengal and ad the css and sts from the martin online store ,you will have the same money in the bow as the moab so why not get the moab with the longer brace ht. and longer ata, and for some reason they are a little faster. you want go wrong with either bow
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,

Korak

OOPS, I forgot to mention that my bows are Bengals.

Stinnett77

Default 2008 moab all the way

There are a few differences between the MOab and Bengal such as the Moab comes standard with the ugrade dampening system, and a little better strings, and of course the STS and CCs system.. My friends and I are fanitacal about hunting and shooting, and I shoot atleast 100 arrows a week through my 2008 Moab. The factory string is cheep, and will need to be replaced within 3 months if you shoot a lot. If not, it will last you a while. Once I added the STS ( not stock in 2008) This bow was extremely quiet. With a 29" draw and pulling 70 pounds, using the standard gold tip 5575 hunter exp arrows and 100 grain tips I am shooting a respectable 273 ft per sec. I use a 3 pin cobra site, and up tp 50 yards, this bow is lethal. I took three hogs with it this deer season, and like it more and more every day. My friends all shoot bow tech, diamond, and Mathews. The only one that even compares to the Martin is the Mathews. One friend shoots a new Mathews DXT, which he paid 1200 for rigged out. I spent 140 on a vital gear drop a way, 349 for the bow, and I forget on the sites. With 6 arrows out the door and a stabilizer I spent $700. Let me tell you, the only difference in the Moab and DXT is that the DXT is a little faster, and has no hand shock. The moab is quieter, much more forgiving, and has very little hand shock in it's own right. I am not bashing mathews, they make a good product, but for the differenc in price, I feel very confident that I got a much better value for the buck. The moab is actually faster than the mathews switchback which the same friend sold just for that reason. I know the bengal was the best value for 2008, and looks like a great bow, however the STS will cost you $30 after shipping, and is a must if you plan on hunting( quiet). The difference is night and day. So if you can get the CCS, and the sts, and stay within say $80 dollars on the price, go a head and get the new Moab, you won't be disapointed with either, Martin is kicking some tail, but I think in the long run you just can't beat the price and quality of the Moab with all the extras on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal low price

Coach, one big difference between the Bengal (Gold series) and Moab (Pro series) is that the Bengal will be available from retailers that can afford to lower prices and sell large quantities. To me, on paper looking at MSRP the Moab is the better value if you like the cable system and the STS, but my guess is the discounts on the Bengal will be much stronger. Bowhunter superstore has the Bengal at $359. I don't know what the shipping would be, but that is a killer price. Check it out:

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...5fc478fcec6a01

Quote Originally Posted by coachjdub View Post
    What are the best prices any of you have seen on the two bows.

Bengal with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Moab with next camo/CCS/Sting Dampener

Looking for the Cheapest prices you have seen or heard of on either bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

i have both 08 bengal and 08 moab both great bows. like somone said with the moab you get the sts and css. if you ad these to your bengal later from the online store you will have the same money in the bengal as the moab.both my bows are 45/60 i've got very bad artritus , can't pull the 60 # so i ordered a 09 moab in 50# peak wt. will sell the 08 moab later and keep the bengal for a backup. both bows are bargins compared to some other brands.
    curtis

2010 onza 3 camo,