Thread: Peep sight +martin string's=!

razorjack

Default Peep sight +martin string's=!

Has anybody had luck installing a tubless peep sight on the stock martin string's without rotation creeping up all the time!!!.
    I use a peep and tube but have a tubeless peep a want to try but i cant afford good string's and cables at the moment,plus these stock string's are still in good shape......anybody.....

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Martins, both 07, a cheetah and a Pantera they have tubeless peeps in factory strings and have not had any problems with rotation.

Post Thanks / Like

I just replaced my stock string with a custom string mainly because I couldnt keep my tubeless peep straight. It was in fairly good shape too, but It was well worth the money for a custom string.

Post Thanks / Like

You can try something to find out about your strings. Just take the tube off the peep and see what happens when you shoot. Couple shots shouldn't hurt anything. Then let us know what happens.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

I've never had problems with the one factory set I shot, but they were broken in when I got them.

I'd look at getting a custom build aftermarket string from a company like prostrings if you can afford it. You'll have a better time tuning your bow with a stable set of strings that won't change on you.

Alec

razorjack

Default Well i gave it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well to start with i had some major idler wheel lean i had to fix,took about 15 twist to get it out,anyway i installed my tubless peep and to no avail i couldn't keep it from rotating,i tried moving strands to one side and a few other thing's just wouldn't work.So i put in a peep that breaks strand's into three section's.It'l have to work for now until i get a custom set of string and cable.........

OHIOMARTINSHOOTER

Default Strings

I have a 2008 bengal for about 3 weeks and the string is doing the same thing so i am purchasing a new string. My father-in-law has the same bow as i do and his center serving is coming loose and we both cant keep our peeps straight.

razorjack

Default Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i made myself afford itand got a custom pair of Zebra hybrid S&C,been shooting them since last wedsday and all is good,gone is the rotation,ive got atleast a hundred shots on them and no stretch or rotation,serving along the cam area is like iron.
    We'll see how these do so far im a happy camper.......