Thread: Phantom II numbers ?????

redeemed

Default Phantom II numbers ?????

I am new to here, and also new (again) to compound shooting. I have been shooting recurve/compound off and on since I was about 8 years old, and I cracked the ole 40 mark this year. anyway i just bought a used martin (the only compound they ever made IMO) the add said this:
    Phantom II magnum, 45-60# it had these numbers on the limb 0430907 do they indicate the year od anything, and what type of cams does this bow have? i draw a 28" trad arrow, this is set at 27" draw, so I will have to try it out for length, but can it be adjusted without buying modules?...I know, I know....slow down partner, I am just excited to try another compound out again.
    thanx for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

The serial number points that it was manufactured in 2004, but if you get on Martin's home site and click on catalogs. Go to the 2003 catalog, pan down to the Phantom II and see if you can tell us which cams are on your bow. There are too many cam options for me to take a guess at anything right now. However, if none of these cams are what you have then go to the 2004 catalog and check out the Phantom there. There are three cam options for 2004 and all these have rotating modules already on the cams and you don't have to have a different module; just change to a different position.

I'd like to know if you plan on shooting the bow with fingers or release. This makes a difference on the draw length selection. Normally I found years ago that when going from fingers to release it's best to shoot about 3/4" less draw length on the bow. This is due to having a smaller radius where the release hooks to the string as opposed to fingers.

Also, while your on the home page compare the tech info to the bow you have. Again, refer to the 2003 version for now.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

redeemed

Default cams & lots a questions ??????? HELP / THANKS

I have located my bow, it is in the 2004 catalog. it has tru-arc cams, I have adjusted my draw weight, and draw length.

I am wanting to replace the cable and string...how do I know what I need?

What type of bow press is safe for home repairs?

Where do I find a good book on how to "tune" the cams and set this animal up?

NOW, can you shoot 3 fingers under with a compound, and does it screw with the tiller of the bow as it does with a trad bow?

How important is a bow sling?

Post Thanks / Like

Which limbs do you have an your P2? This is kind of important to know for me to give you the right cable/string lenghts.

With a Martin Compound bow you do not need a bowpress to work on your bow but you might get a bowmaster or any kind of portable bow press to work on your bow. I can say that i have made good experiences with my bowmaster.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

redeemed

Default limbs

I am not sure how to tell the type of limbs? they are the camo and they say "Phantom magnum" on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be Magnum limbs then.

M-25 Phantom II
    String 58 3/4" Split 38 1/4" Control 39 1/4"
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

redeemed

Default strings

is that just what I ask for/order when i call martin then?

where do I find a good manual for doing my own bow maintenec and or repair?
    thanx for all your help, I really appreciate it!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You can try this site http://www.bowtuningtips.com/
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows