Thread: Nitrous cams for PSE XLR 900 ?

tommy7

Default Nitrous cams for PSE XLR 900 ?

Is it possible to put Nitrous cams on a PSE XLR 900 ? I also wish to make it a shoot through system?
    Is there any history of this being done successfully?

A giant thanks in advance......Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Hasn't been done to my knowledge. You could probably do it. The only things that has to be right is the slot between the limb forks. It has to be at least 3/4" wide.

Whether the limbs will take it I can't say. I don't hold much affection for PSE limbs. I have had the opportunity to replace many of them.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

I've heard of a guy who had his hoyt UltraElite cams modified for the X system. Yes; he had a Martinizer Hoyt with Xsystem hybrid cams. Swears by them. Goes by BarryArtiste here, on AT, and on bowcountry.com

tommy7

Bfisher and Flytier17,

Thank you both for taking the time to post. As I am beggining to understand, there is no real advantage to making any changes to this bow. I will eventually end up with a Scepter 4 and or a SlayR one day as these two bows (speak to me)
    Thanks again, Tommy

flytier17

OK, all the best with your new Martins. And your PSE too I guess.

Alec

tommy7

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    OK, all the best with your new Martins. And your PSE too I guess.

Alec
    Thanks Alec!

BTW, my favorite all time trout catcher is a black wooly with a red head or red butt...I know its too simple for a good fly tier but it has always caught fish for me
    Take care, tommy

flytier17

I tie flies for the Canadian National team, and the Ospreys, and I've tied a lot of those red-butts! Esp. when the Canadian team went to New Zealand. Sometimes the simplest are the best!

I'll let you in on a secret. Those same flies with a chartreuse butt are just as deadly, esp. in early season before the hatches start.

tommy7

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I tie flies for the Canadian National team, and the Ospreys, and I've tied a lot of those red-butts! Esp. when the Canadian team went to New Zealand. Sometimes the simplest are the best!

I'll let you in on a secret. Those same flies with a chartreuse butt are just as deadly, esp. in early season before the hatches start.
    Secrets from guys who know are invaluable!

Thanks!