Thread: Rytera vs Martin limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rytera vs Martin limbs

I picked up a new, old stock '07 Rytera Bullet X with Vipro cams for my Dad. First, I have to say that this is a sweet bow and I'm now thinking of upgrading my own Cougar 3 with nitrous cams to a nitrous Bullet X. Anyway, Dad's bow has 45-60 limbs and while he can pull it ok at 45, I was thinking it would be good for him to have some lighter limbs to start with so that he can shoot longer and build up his strength. Are the 13" limbs on this bow any different than the 13" Martin limbs, other than the label? I'm pretty limited if I need to limit my search to a set of 35-50 limbs that specifically came off of a Bullet X.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

They are the same limb.

The new Rytera Alien-X has a new style of limb but the older Ryteras share the limbs with every other Martin compound bow.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

fig

Default limbs

yes you can use martin on rytera the deflection may be different. i just talked to martin they said it will work.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks a bunch guys. This is what I suspected, but wanted to make sure. The bow currently has 2H limbs for a 45-60 DW, so I need to be looking for 0H limbs. Is there any reason I couldn't use L or M limbs and how does the L-M-H deflection affect the poundage? I have never quite understood what the purpose of the different deflections was and whether they are interchangeable. For instance, is a 1L limb slightly higher DW than 0H followed by 1M, 1H, 2L, etc? Or, are the different deflections intended to be specific to the different limb pocket or cam combinations?

Anyway, thanks again and if anyone has some 13" 0H limbs sitting around, send me a note.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I think yu understand the limb designation better than you give yourself credit for. You are correct that 0H limbs would peak at about 50#.

The letters, L, M, and H mean Low, Medium , and High. For instance 0H for 50#. 0M for 48#, 0L for 46#.

As you can see you can really really customize a Martin bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks, that answers a question I have had for a while. That certainly provides more flexibility finding a second set of used limbs. I'll have to post a wanted ad on AT to see if I get any hits. Thanks again.

Chris

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by C Bailey View Post
    I have never quite understood what the purpose of the different deflections was and whether they are interchangeable.
    Limbs are measured in MAXimum weight and you can safely go down 15 pounds. Each complete revolution out of the limb bolt takes off 3 pounds, 5 turns out is the Martin prescribed limit out.

The limbs are rated and denoted with a number and a letter.
    In between each number you will have a difference of about 5 lbs. of weight.
    In between each letter it is a difference of about 2 lbs. in weight.

If you need to go up 5 lbs. all you need is one higher number.
    If you need to go up 10 lbs. all you need is two higher numbers
    If you need to go up 2 lbs. all you need is one higher letter.

Same thing in reverse

If you have a 2H making a maximum of 60# and drop to a 0H that will bring your maximum down to 50# and give you a usable range of 35-50. a 0L will bring you down to 31-46#

If you go to longer limbs this will change your brace height. And w/ longer string and cables change your axle-to-axle as well... but those calculations make even my head hurt! I'm building a Tigress riser w/ 3H Elite limbs and Nitrous-X cams for my daughter and I finally got my string and cable lengths figured out to give me the A/A and B.H. and draw weight and lengths I want. I only had to make 3 "test" sets of strings and cables to nail it down.