Thread: sts trouble? too short?

JT38off

Default sts trouble? too short?

hey guys finally got my 09 moab set up. its set up cheap for now i just couldnt wait to shoot it anylonger. man is this bow sweet, superquiet, and faster than i expected, although i havent bought my own arrows yet im using my buddies. but any way i shot 20 arrows through it yesterday and when i was done i noticed the sts was a heavy 1/8 inch away from the string, when i first shot it you could barely see daylight between the two, so i tried to adjust it out to a snugger fit to the string and when i tightend the set screw, the set screw didnt hit the sts rod. is the sts toshortforis bow. i mean the set screw fell into the riser when the sts is adjusted properly{ about a business card thickness between the string and the rubber bumper}. so my ? is did my bow come w/ the wrong sts on it, maybe the one i have is for a bow w/ a 6 3/4 or 7 inch brace height. i dont know but i dont like the big gap, you can tell a difference in noise when its backed off to where the set screw catches the sts. literally its more quiet w/ the sts loose but almost touching the string. somebody please help>>>

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it sounds like someone installed a short rod on yours. I just got my new Moab a few weeks ago and had to adjust mine. There was about 3/4" of rod inside the riser so this should be plenty. Just an educated guess but I'd bet you ended up with one for a FireCat. Me thinks you need to call customer service and see if they'll send you a new one.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver