Thread: What lube do you use?

Unregistered

Default What lube do you use?

Want to lube my cams...Should I use spray or powder of some type? And also what brand?
    Reason I ask... I hear a noise coming from my new S4..maybe this will help????
    Thanks,
    Mick

Post Thanks / Like

What bow do you have and what cam system. Mine all have bearing (not bushings) and I haven't lubed a bearing in all the years I've been shooting them. I believe that to be about 9 years I've had bows with bearings in the cams. Most bearings are factory lubed and sealed anyway.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Coop

Default Barry, I have the...

Scepter 4 Elite, dual furious cams. Hope their the bearing type.....?

Post Thanks / Like

Scepterman30 should be able to help you more with this one. That's about all he shoots. I have no experience with the Furious cams myself.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Scepter 4 Elite, dual furious cams. Hope their the bearing type.....?
    The Furious cam is a good shooting cam...however I favor the NOS cams and that is what I shoot. I do have experience with most of the Martin cams. I'm sorry to dissapoint you but the Furious cam has a brass bushing not a sealed bearing. That is not to say it is inferior, my favorite cam for forgivness an inherent accurracy is the Z-cam and it does not even have a brass bushing. Anyway to get to the point, some don't lube their bushings at all but I don't like the friction that could be happening with them not being lubed. I personaly like to use a white lithium grease or any high preasure lithium based type grease.

SandSquid

I'm a fan of GunSlick brand Anhydrous Graphite for anyting that only needs a light film of coating, such as between the anchors and washers, limb through-holes and etc. bits of axle assemblies. Also for any threaded connections that don't get loctite.

http://www.gunslick.com/products/che...ants_oils.aspx

For heavier applications such as the mating divots in limb pockets for the limb buttons and the bearings or bushings in cams, I use any White Lithium Grease.

Post Thanks / Like

Good info. Now I, too, know what type of bearing is in the Furious cam. Thanks.

I have some lube in my box called Tetra-Lube. It's a Teflon based lube and always worked well, but smells to high Heaven. Definitely not for a hunting setup. I should probably throw it away. It's gotta be at least 20 years old.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Coop

Default Thanks..

guys for all the info....
    Coop