Thread: For Alec

Post Thanks / Like

Default For Alec

Where are you? I've made a decision about my strings and thought you should know.

My Moab has black riser and camo limbs. I think I'm going to go with Gold Tip UL 600 shaft, 4" white wrap, Fl. Orange G nock and three Fl Orange Razyr's.

I guess that would call for a nice contrasting Black and Fl Orange string/cable set. What do you think?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

dbd870

Good call on the arrows, I use 2 orange and 1 white on my arrows - they show up well in the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

These are just for 3D. I use 4" black True-Flights for hunting, mainly because I got a bag of 100 for $2 a few years back. I've never had a need to see my arrows fly. It might seem cool, but I'd rather be concerned with where I'm aiming when the bow goes off and follow through accordingly.

Just thought I'd let you know about the string colors. You and I have this thing about Fl. Orange, you know? Now you know I'm not totally biased.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

flytier17

You with orange? I never thought the day would come!

I have some reall bright strings on my bow. I'll have to post a pic.

I'd think you want a black fletch for 3-D. I dont because I'm such an inexpereinced 3-D shooter nobody aims for my arrows anyways. But if I were shooting with you, I'd be doin my best to smash your arrows into bits If you can guess within 2 yds, and have 30years of experience 3-D shooting, I'd be aiming for EXACTLY where your arrow landed.

Why a plain white wrap? I gotta show you my 3-D wraps when they arrive. I gotta get red Aerovanes first though.

Alec

flytier17

BTW, I cannot possible truly encompass with words the depth of my relief that you didn't get pink and purple strings! Thats like defiling the bow. If I had a bow that at som,e point in history ever had those colours on it, I'd use it as a boat anchor.

Alec

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been shooting 3D for 35 years. 3D hasn't even been around that long. 3D is maybe 20 years old. Before that it was spots and field shooting. Something you had to be good to do, not just lucky like in 3D.

OK, I have to be honest. I'm trying to color coordinate a little and the reason I ain't gettin pink and purple strings is because I couldn't find pink or purple Razyrs at the archery shop.

Why plain white wraps? Because I didn't want to spoil the nice clean lines of the bow and the nice color coordinating by usning some nasty pattern like, uh, Nugent? I have a little more class than that.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

dbd870

I was thinking more along the lines of finding the arrow after the shot, be it pass through or miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, on a pass through the arrow is "right there" sticking in the ground so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

A miss might be another matter. I've said many times that I'm not half the shooter I used to be so I have to ask a question. What is a miss?
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

dbd870

I didn't how it was coming, but I knew it was!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    I didn't how it was coming, but I knew it was!

Seriously, I have a clean miss about once every 3 years---for 3D. For hunting I couldn't tell you how long it's been. I'm very patient and all my shots are the 100% chance variety.

Truth be told, I hunt only trophy bucks anymore and haven't shot a deer since 1999.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver