Thread: Help! Trying to make up my mind on new bow

coachjdub

Default Help! Trying to make up my mind on new bow

Thank you for all who voiced your opinions on my Bengal or Moab thread. The coaching season is almost done and I am ready to invest my money into a new Martin. Here are my thoughts.

A New Bengal with CCS, then I will add the Limbsaver String Decelerator, instead of the Martin Factory brand.

I am guessing it will come in just over $415.00 ish

In your opinions how is this bow going to stack up to the MOAB.

I am thinking pretty much the same thing with a better Sting decelerator, for the same, or less amount of money.

Please chime in and tell me what you think,

Post Thanks / Like

Pick them both up and shoot em side by side and I'll bet you won't be able to tell a difference.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

coachjdub

Default SHot the Bengal

When I was trying out my bows for my budget, I chose the Bengal over to other quality bows.

The Bengal was my bow of choice. I have not shot the MOAB yet, but I am not sure if I have to for the price I am paying for the Bengal. I was very happy with it.

Does anyone think I even need to bother thinking about the MOAB?

razorjack

I wouldnt worry about it,the bengal is a great bow too......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Resale

You may want to hang on to this bow forever, but just consider that the resale value for the Moab will likely be more than the Bengal, for no other reason than the Pro versus Gold label. How much, I don't know, but if the price was the same I would pick the Moab. If the Bengal with the CCS and STS is significantly less, then nevermind. I doubt you'll find a Moab for $415.

ALso, I think you can buy just the dampener part of the new limbsaver STS for about $9 and put it on the Martin STS rod.

One more thing. The standard issue Bengal and Moab come with different deflection limbs for the same draw weight. The CCS changes the draw weight, versus standard cable guard, but I don't remember how. You should call Martin and find out for sure what the effect is before you end up with a bow that peaks a few pounds too light (or heavy). Maybe someone else knows the whole story.
    Last edited by C Bailey; 02-16-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Bigcat440

Default moab 08

there is a 08 moab on Ebay right now for a buy it now for $330 item#220361814682

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up bengal or moab

if you get the bengal you will own one great bow! i've had two, an 07 and an 08 . sold the 07 to my nephew and bought an 08 it shoots great. i also have an 08 moab it shoots great to. it will be for sell in the futcher because i just recieved my new moab today. it is a great looking bow, want get to shoot it until this weekend don't have the sights or rest yet. there's no place here to buy anything. going to okla. city friday for doctor's appointment. will pick up rest and sights there at bass pro . when i get it setup and shoot it i'll let everone know how it is. i'm keeping the bengal for back up.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

JT38off

moab, moab, moab. if you look hard enough you can find an 09 moab for the same as an 09 bengal, i did and i wouldnt change a thing!