Thread: Tigress Elite Nitrous-X

SandSquid

Default Tigress Elite Nitrous-X

So my daughter lovers her Tigress riser because it "fits her hand as is not too heavy. She likes Elite limbs because the "look sweet". She like "X" Cams "just because".

So, I started assembling pieces and parts and here it is!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SandSquid

Originally, I had some strings off a Mystic Furious X.

Shoot String : 52-1/2"
    Cables: 41-1/4"

They gave me:
    Axle to Axle of 40"
    Brace Height of 7"

But the were just too long and caused the control cables to slightly rub the inside of the limb cut-outs. needed to go a bit shorter...

I put some spare cables off a P3 Nitrous-X
    Shoot: 50
    Cable: 39-1/2

This gave me:
    Axle to Axle of 38""
    Brace Height of 8-1/2"

Took care of the contact, but it did pre-load the limbs too much and I think the brace height might be a bit long...

Soon as my Tax Refund gets here I'm going top but a string making jig and make some new strings at
    Shoot: 51 & Cables: 40-1/2
    That should bring my A/A to 39" and bring my BH down to about 7.5", or so. Near as I can guestimate.

I'll also need to order some 0L Elite Limbs from Martin since these 3H are just a tad too heavy for her even backed all the way out 5 turns.

But all things considered, I think it's coming along nicely, And it sure is pretty!

Post Thanks / Like

SandSquid, this is a nice bow and the best is that it is "daddy made"
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

SandSquid

I's a sweet shooter, fer'sur!

I'm thinking It can be a just a little-bit better though... since this will be a "dedicated" NFAA Indoor 20-Yard 5-Spot bow, I'll put some Furious-X cams in place of the Nitrous-X.

Big Ben 75

sweet bow !!!!

SandSquid

I'm still trying to decide if I should keep the Nitrous-X or go w/ Furious-X.

Any thoughts to help me decide?

flytier17

Go with whatever she likes the draw cycle of the best.

I find a 60lb. furious system feels like a 65lb nitrous system because the furious is a harsher draw cycle.

If you do the furious thing, and have the nitrous system not on a bow, I will buy it from you if you will part with it.

if this is a serious comp bow, I'd get prostrings for it. Homemade jobs are great for bow builders as they fool with different configurations and need a lot of strings to test. But once you know what length you need, time to take it to a reputable string maker. There is no substitute for expreienced string makers who have made the best level of strings for many years. If you ge t into string making, it will take a long time and a lot of strings made before you get the best quality strings.

I like ProStrings myself. You can pay a lot more for a set of WC or similar, and they are as good as any of the other brands, and better than most. I'll PM you with something to that end to help you with getting some.

flytier17

Go with whatever she likes the draw cycle of the best.

I find a 60lb. furious system feels like a 65lb nitrous system because the furious is a harsher draw cycle.

If you do the furious thing, and have the nitrous system not on a bow, I will buy it from you if you will part with it.

if this is a serious comp bow, I'd get prostrings for it. Homemade jobs are great for bow builders as they fool with different configurations and need a lot of strings to test. But once you know what length you need, time to take it to a reputable string maker. There is no substitute for expreienced string makers who have made the best level of strings for many years. If you ge t into string making, it will take a long time and a lot of strings made before you get the best quality strings.

I like ProStrings myself. You can pay a lot more for a set of WC or similar, and they are as good as any of the other brands, and better than most. I have proStrings on all my bows, even though I have a string jig and can make my own strings. I'll PM you with something to that end to help you with getting some.

Stormbringer

Sweet lookin' bow there, I'd hang on to those Nitrous X cams, and, get the Furious X as suggested, and, let her decide what she likes....she may like the Nitrous better, than the Furious, I know I do on my S4!

I hope I don't put myself in the position of needing another set of "A" Nitrous cams...they're getting pricey these days!