Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheetah Pro Series

dougkellermann

Default Cheetah Pro Series

I have narrowed my bow search down to the Martin bows. After looking at the major manufacturers, the Martin is the best bow for the money.

I came across a 2008 Martin Cheetah Pro Series. According to the material I have been reading the Cheetah is a Gold series. I am confused. What is a Cheetah Pro Series?

thanks
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Did you actually see this on the limb logo or are you relating something that someone told you. I'm like you. Everything in the catalogs and everywhere else points to it being a Gold series, which it is.

If you saw it on the limbs then somebody messed up at the factory. It's not a major mess up. Regardless of whether it's Gold or Pro series makes no difference as to the quality. They all use the same material for the riser, limbs and cams. Even strings in many several cases.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

dougkellermann

Here is the picture of the reference to Pro Series on the Cheetah bow

thanks
    Doug

razorjack

That doesnt look like a 08 riser,their should be holes in the riser where the sight mounts.maybe a 1998!!!!!!!

dougkellermann

What about the label?

Thanks

razorjack

Maybe if we saw a picture of the whole bow.camo looks old too.limb looks wrong too,older one.
    Last edited by razorjack; 02-17-2009 at 06:48 AM.

dougkellermann

Home these help, I am confused also...

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't a 08 Cheetah at all! As far as i can see on one of the pictures there's a rusted bolt-this can not happen for one year (unless the bow is treated carelessly).I can't say from which year is this bow, but if you want to buy it you must inspect it VERY carefuly...and don't pay too much for it
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

dougkellermann

thanks
    it looks like this has been sitting in the snow I lust looked closer at the cams....
    thanks
    for the heads up....

dougkellermann

I just spoke with the seller and got the scoop. It appears the white stuff is grease and the bow is an M54 http://www.martinarchery.com/bows1997/cheetah.html from 97.